Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, I heard alot of hype about the pedders suspension lately, with the most interesting (to me) part being the bump steer bushing.

To fill you in a little about my car and myself, I had lowering springs originally on my car and drove 70 miles a day, 6 days a week. I absolutely hated the steering wheel play that was going on all the time. That is the only reason why I switched to a UAS airbag suspension.

Well I had my airbag suspension on for over 2 years, and I didnt have that much movement in the steering wheel, so I have been happy. Well, as some of you know, I have taken a few things off of my car to make it more of a daily driver.

So, I have changed the front struts with kyb and have put the eibach prokit springs on it. I really didnt want to get rid of the airbags, but for personal reasons, it was the right thing to do. Man, was I going to dread getting the shaking steering wheel thing going again. That is when I stumbled across a few threads about this bushing. So I figured, what the hey, might as well give it a try. I will gladly pay 80 bucks to get rid of that problem.

Well, today was the first time that I have driven the car without airbag suspension. I have been anxious to see how it drives. Well, in one word....AMAZING! Now I know a few of you probably have doubts, and that is fine, but ill tell you, it seems great having a perfect riding car. Especially when I was expecting it to ride like sh!t. I drove the car probably 130 miles today on all types of pavement. Steering feels solid and no shakes. What even impressed me is that when I hit the brakes hard, it dampens the shakes to almost nothing (my brakes have taken a beating and I am sure are warped and whatnot. Every time I stop hard the whole car shakes. I know, it is definitely time for new pads/rotors).

I will keep this thread alive, as time will show the real side of things, but I will also post pics up tomorrow to show you the new suspension. This thing is lowwwwww (trimmed a little of the springs off to get the crazy low look).

Thanks Rob !!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Glad the install went well, and glad that your happy.

If you need anything you know where to find me, (any other vendor you can talk to 18 hours out of the day? lol)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks rob! I am ordering the rear shocks from you tomorrow morning. I was going to do it tonight, but I guess it wouldnt make any difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts