Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this on their ride! If, so did you notice a big difference. I'm debating on getting this. Is it hard to install? How long does it take to install? Thanks for the help, Ryan.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the Pedders street kit installed this week and got my car back just today. Initial impression is very good on surface streets. I drove for about an hour. The car has better command of the road, is tighter and the ride a lot better. The car now sits somewhat lower (not to low) and does not bounce as much. I have not as yet taken it out on the freeway.

Its takes about two days to do the work I had done. Josh at House of Power Racing in Huntington Beach did the work on my car 2006 300C.

I think long term this is a good investment expecially if you plan to keep your car as you are doing a significant suspension upgrade that you will realize and enjoy every day you drive the car.

SoCal-Al

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Here are two favorable reviews of the full bushing swap.
Pedders to the rescue - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle
Full Pedders Bushing install review - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

There are many different levels to the Pedders installs. From just bushings, to coilovers and sway bars.
I just had the Bump Steer Correction Kit installed and I can't say I noticed any change. I never felt I had a bump steer problem, but I installed the kit hoping for some kind of change/improvement. Unfortunately I didn't notice any.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This probably has a lot to do with the type of driving you have done with these on your car.
In a sweeping turn you hit a bump that causes your front end to shift from one side of the road to the other is what causes this bumpsteer. During this bump the front suspension goes through changes in the toe and camber that cause the steering to become unstable and unpredictable. With our bumpsteer bush it raises the rack causing less deflection in this type of situation thus reduing bumpsteer.
Here is a spreadsheet of the measurements we took while at MCP below. These are pefaced by studies in Pedders AU. You can see the level of improvement we had with our bushes using a bumpsteer measuring kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
This probably has a lot to do with the type of driving you have done with these on your car.
In a sweeping turn you hit a bump that causes your front end to shift from one side of the road to the other is what causes this bumpsteer. During this bump the front suspension goes through changes in the toe and camber that cause the steering to become unstable and unpredictable. With our bumpsteer bush it raises the rack causing less deflection in this type of situation thus reduing bumpsteer.
Here is a spreadsheet of the measurements we took while at MCP. You can see the level of improvement we had with our bushes using a bumpsteer measuring kit.
bingo! this is the main symptom that affects me. For me it doesn't even have to be that much of a curve or much speed. And the rear seems
even more prone to it than the front. It sounds like I'm a candidate for
both the bump steer kit and the rear step out kit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete,

How hard is it to install the steering damper? I notice steering wheel jump or play when it hits bumps. I don't like how much the steering wheel reacts or jumps when this happens. My main concern is to stop all the extra movement in the steering wheel. It isn't all the time, but when it does happen I don't like it, especially if the wife is driving my baby. :pat:

·
Registered
292 Posts

I am so desperately trying to work out getting this done. All the bushings that is. Paul is great and has been working with me endlessly. My problem is the nearest shop is three states away. I have been chasing this shifting THUD! in my rear end on takeoff and now I finally believe it to be the subframe bushings. Damn I need to get this done...:pat:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone have this on their ride! If, so did you notice a big difference. I'm debating on getting this. Is it hard to install? How long does it take to install? Thanks for the help, Ryan.
I know what part you are talking about, but it is not a dampener. The steering gear bushes are mounting bushes that have an eccentric cetner ferrule to raise the gear up to get the bump steer issue resolved. Just do not want to confuse anyone

mike
dms

1 - 11 of 11 Posts