Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out to the vehicle yesterday morning and could see her listing high on the back. Walked towards it and spotted the inevitable Flat tyre (nearside front).

Obviously this was right up against the kerb and consequently had to move the car out so I could get the jack under.

Changing the wheel for the spacesaver was no great shakes. Immediately took the flat to a local tyre company.

They found a small stone chip wedged into the valve cap which was then screwed onto the valve and subsequently released the air from the tyre.

15.00 quid later the wheel was in its rightful position.

They did however say that the if the tyre had not deflated so fully that I noticed (or the evic didn't warn me of the low pressure which it did) that the tyre could have caused an accident.

I duly reported the tampering to the police and warned neighbours of the same (obviously it was only my car which was fiddled with). I guess it's two options.

kids just wanting to cause aggrivation. Or a disgruntled neighbour who didn't like it parked near their property (on a public street i might add).

Anyhow, it was an inconvenience, a minor cost and potentially dangerous.

So if you've got or get a flat whilst the car's parked up, check the valve cap to make sure it's not that.

Have a good weekend

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
It's so annoying when other people just can't leave things alone!

I have a bug bear with someone around my street (which is normally nice and resectable) spraying their stupid graffiti name, if I catch them in the act they will get the spray paint sprayed over them from head to bloody foot!!

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Perhaps the Archbishop of Canterbury was right about his ideas of incorporating some aspects of Moslem law into our legal system. It is downright difficult to vandalise things if they have taken your right hand for the first offence - and well nigh impossible after you have a second conviction!! My sympathies to you BMEWS.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Always look at the bright side of things, lucky the tyre wasn't slashed/nailed. With so many surveillance cameras on the UK roads and streets, the offender probably was caught on one of the cameras.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
That's bloody annoying BMEWS, little bastards - still at least they didn't "key it"

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's bloody annoying BMEWS, little bastards - still at least they didn't "key it"
Yeah I had my BMW keyed on the left side from the front indicator to the back one. A week later they did the same on the right side! There was pretty much nothing I could do about it and didn't know of anyone who would want to do that to me. I felt sick everytime I looked at my nice white car with two great bit scratches down both sides :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
i thankfully dont get any problems, i am also a biker and the local kids made a big fuss of me when i moved into the street, they loved the bike and after chatting with a few of them they have left me alone...next i turn up with my 300c they gathered around and told me what a nice car it was, i told them all about it, passed the time of day with em and have had no problems at all. but i know other peeps on the same street that have a bit of trouble with the same kids.

i recomend chatting with your "layabouts" who are basically bored teenagers, maybe say you saved up for ages top pay for it, they respect that. but if your crowd are arses then you got problems...(buy a pick helve)..peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts