Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is what the VIP300c replica lip looks like:

here is what the OEM 2-piece lip looks like:

as you can see, the OEM srt8 lip is more aggressive, extends out from the bumper rather than being flat, and has nicer lines

the VIP300c lip is good for those who have a base/touring/300C model car. the OEM srt lip will NOT fit on a 300C bumper, it MUST be accompanied by an original SRT front end. Reason being is that there are extra slits and stuff to make it fit. See here:

hope this answered some questions i have been getting

David

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
HUGE difference in lips......:pat:

That's why i NEVER considered anything but the original!

And that's why i TOLD you that you needed my lip and that's why you got it!!!:fing02:

SICK!!!:scared:

You put that VIP lip to shame with these pics lol:smashfrea

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HUGE difference in lips......:pat:

That's why i NEVER considered anything but the original!

And that's why i TOLD you that you needed my lip and that's why you got it!!!:fing02:

SICK!!!:scared:

You put that VIP lip to shame with these pics lol:smashfrea

thanks G.. im not bashing on the VIP lip though. i was actually considering that for the longest time. but when seeing it side to side, i think its obvious which looks better ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
meaning....? elaborate lol
Meaning, from my perspective, the difference is not enough to warrant buying a SRT front end and swapping it out. A lot easier to spend 15 min. installing the VIP lip.
Unless they are side by side, I bet it would be very hard to tell one from the other. That's what I would like to see, a side by side shot.
How about posting some pictures of your SRT front end from basically the same angles as the pictures of the VIP lip? That will tell more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Meaning, from my perspective, the difference is not enough to warrant buying a SRT front end and swapping it out. A lot easier to spend 15 min. installing the VIP lip.
Unless they are side by side, I bet it would be very hard to tell one from the other. That's what I would like to see, a side by side shot.
How about posting some pictures of your SRT front end from basically the same angles as the pictures of the VIP lip? That will tell more.

What he said.
Besides, I don't have a SRT8, so it's just another body mod.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

The difference is EXTREMELY apparent to anybody who pays attention to details. Those who honor a 15 job over a true swap with some effort put into a it surely wouldn't notice a difference.....

No more pics are needed. The Srt lip blends in perfectly with the front as the VIP looks good but IMO it looks NOTHING like the Srt8 lip as the VIP is too flat and doesn't really flow as well.....

Don't get me wrong the VIP lip is a blessing since the Srt lips r extinct but it is inferior to the true Srt lip.....hands down

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picture #1 and #4 are the same angle. ill see about snapping a few others this weekend.

·
Registered
630 Posts
picture #1 and #4 are the same angle. ill see about snapping a few others this weekend.
Not really. Your car is from a much higher point of view, where's the VIP shot #1 is basically directly on.
I bet from that angle you'll be hard pressed to see any difference between the two.
Only from the side will you see that the SRT lip protrudes more on the bottom lip.
Besides, you lose the chrome bumpers, that alone is why I wouldn't do the SRT front end, at least not on a C.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really. Your car is from a much higher point of view, where's the VIP shot #1 is basically directly on.
I bet from that angle you'll be hard pressed to see any difference between the two.
Only from the side will you see that the SRT lip protrudes more on the bottom lip.
Besides, you lose the chrome bumpers, that alone is why I wouldn't do the SRT front end, at least not on a C.
you can actually put the chrome caps on, ive seen it.. i chose to paint the cool vanilla

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
alright chase... these pics are for you.. ill try to turn you from a non-believe into a believer. the OEM lip is 3049230 times nicer:

'nuff said.

·
Registered
630 Posts
OK, I can see the sutle difference now, it protrudes out a little more if viewed from the side and the center 3 part opening is a little wider on the SRT vs VIP.
However, I stand by my statement, but I'll modify it to include only 300C models, not the base or touring models. Its not worth changing out a 300C front end to the SRT just to install the lip. The VIP lip is pretty close and unless you look pretty hard, you will not notice the difference right off.
My .02
BTW, that Grill looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found out the other day.. if you want, just cut the tabs off the OEM lip.. then double side tape it on the bumper, and put screws on the edges (just like the VIP300c lip).. i was just told this, i have no way of confirming it, but definitely worth a try on a C

thanks, i love the grille too.. first cool vanilla with that grille :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I see the differance, but unless they are side by side the average joe won't see the differance.

Still to change a 300C over to a SRT8 front end is gonna cost big $. I just like the mod of the lip in general.

Who's car is the VIP pictures, I notice one big differance between the two front ends. The VIP has a front plate and is from Ontario. (Go Ontario).

Is your grill just the stock 300 grill with with the down bars remover and repainted?

·
Registered
851 Posts
The real fact is the old 2 piece srt fascia and lip are hard to come by. bottom line for the minor difference that the vast majority of people(with the exception of a handful of forum members) would never notice, I will stick to my vip300c lip that that came painted and took 10 minutes to intall.

Most people(non-car nuts) don't even know the difference between the touring, c and srt8. When I went from my touring to the C my own wife didn't even notice the difference until I show them all to her, she still wonders why I got rid of the touring:pat: .

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see the differance, but unless they are side by side the average joe won't see the differance.

Still to change a 300C over to a SRT8 front end is gonna cost big $. I just like the mod of the lip in general.

Who's car is the VIP pictures, I notice one big differance between the two front ends. The VIP has a front plate and is from Ontario. (Go Ontario).

Is your grill just the stock 300 grill with with the down bars remover and repainted?
its a GRIP tuning grille.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i myself dont really like the oem, i likem to be flush and flow in one direction.....the only thing is that the prices are so high for such a small piece

1 - 19 of 19 Posts