Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends works at the Chrysler Proving Grounds and might be able to get me a performance cam for my 5.7 L. What gains can I expect with it? What will it do in general for my car? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
depends on the lobe degree... any specs on your bump stick you could post?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had Johan @ Diablo perform a cmr & dyno at their location in Florida. Johan said he has seen the best bang for the buck by putting in a new mds friendly cam & springs. He does plenty of dynos after people install heads and stuff, and he sez the cam is the best bet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he could get the cam from a 6.1 liter Hemi or he might be able to get one from the new Hemi engine coming out, I think it was the 6.4 liter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had Johan @ Diablo perform a cmr & dyno at their location in Florida. Johan said he has seen the best bang for the buck by putting in a new mds friendly cam & springs. He does plenty of dynos after people install heads and stuff, and he sez the cam is the best bet.
What cam are you using?

·
Registered
421 Posts
He said he could get the cam from a 6.1 liter Hemi or he might be able to get one from the new Hemi engine coming out, I think it was the 6.4 liter.
The 6.1 cam is cheap (about $150) but only worth about 18hp at the rear wheels. The 268 XFI Compcam is a great fit (cost about $370) with gains of 50hp and 15 torque at the wheels with a broad power band and SOLID mid-range gains. These gains come with NO other modifications to the car. It will take a good 20 miles for the Hemi to retune itself to the cam...but a great investment if you plan to go through the process.

Specs for the cam are approximately 216/220 durations, .528/.531 lifts, with a 113 lobe angle; power band 1500-5800 rpm.

The also make a 273 which has about 65hp gains but the driveability suffers

·
Registered
452 Posts
The 6.1 cam is cheap (about $150) but only worth about 18hp at the rear wheels. The 268 XFI Compcam is a great fit (cost about $370) with gains of 50hp and 15 torque at the wheels with a broad power band and SOLID mid-range gains. These gains come with NO other modifications to the car. It will take a good 20 miles for the Hemi to retune itself to the cam...but a great investment if you plan to go through the process.

Specs for the cam are approximately 216/220 durations, .528/.531 lifts, with a 113 lobe angle; power band 1500-5800 rpm.

The also make a 273 which has about 65hp gains but the driveability suffers
WOW :scared:

Whats the labor for that 268 XFI Compcam?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any links on where to buy one? What does the cam do for MPG, if you were to drive like a grandma?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts