Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the form this week as I just purchased a 2016 300C Platinum 5.7L with 2,500 miles on it. The previous owner had a performance exhaust system installed on it and I feel it's a little too loud for me at times (I do like a little growl).

I crawled under the car today and found it has a FlowMaster system - i don't know enough about exhaust to provide much additional information. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to proceed (cutouts, replace with stock, etc.)? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm planning to take it to a exhaust shop in the near future but I would like to have a little more knowledge going into the appointment.

Thank you.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Those aren't the rear resonators. Those are the mufflers.

Go to the very back of the car. Look under the rear fascia/bumper and see if there are any muffler looking cans back there. If not, adding resonators to the rear will quiet it down some.

A quieter muffler with resonators will help much more. Magnaflow makes some nice mufflers that are quieter than the Flowmaster products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. That's good to know.

It's just pipes going back after the muffler so no resonators.

I guess I'll bring it in and see what the shop suggests.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Those aren't the rear resonators. Those are the mufflers.

Go to the very back of the car. Look under the rear fascia/bumper and see if there are any muffler looking cans back there. If not, adding resonators to the rear will quiet it down some.

A quieter muffler with resonators will help much more. Magnaflow makes some nice mufflers that are quieter than the Flowmaster products.
My experiences says it will be uncomfortably loud with no resonators and drone like crazy. The install does not look that clean either. Adding resonators will help a bunch.

Where are you located.

I have a full Corsa exhaust and I think it is the way to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm in Jacksonville Beach, FL.

Again, I do okay with minor car repairs, etc., but I am not at all familiar with exhaust/performance exhaust so this stuff is pretty foreign to me.

I'm hoping to bring it into the shop on Friday. How much is the full Corsa exhaust?

Can I just add resonators and if so, should I care which type/brand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The shop out on Magnaflow 11236. It's not as loud and for the most part I really like it but theres still a few gears/rms that make it too loud. Maybe droning is the right word. I guess I'll drive with them for a while and see how I feel.

Maybe add resonators at that point if I want something more friendly to the ear?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, resonators will help. The challenge is then you lose tone!
The only thing i have found that has the Balance is the Corsa........there may be others, but from my experience it is not Flowmaster or Magnaflow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts