Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about the supposed "performance mode" on these cars? I did a search and found very little. Appearently you can shift the car into neatral while going about 15mph, turn the ignition switch on (as if you were starting it) and hold for 3 seconds then release. Some people said this results in the no ESP mode that the Predator gives us. BAS light on and the works.

I just got an airbag light to come on.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I do remember reading a thread about it a while ago. But I don't think there was any power gain and it was mostly for technician purposes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I use this all the time. Its good for a couple tenths on the 0-60 timer. You don't need to put the car in neutral though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes!! it does work. 2008 series 2 SRT8. doing 15-20km/hr hold key in start position for 3-5 seconds, bas esp and mr squiggles all light up!! had the hand brake (i mean missus, lol) with me so i couldn't try the wheelspin test, but will for sure today and report back... i hope it does what it says, it **** me having to hold the esp button for 7-10 seconds before heading off and then it still didn't turn everything off. this is the same as the cut the wire mod without ripping out the dash and consol and hacking your wiring loome and isn't as inconvenient as the esp button while stopped... awesome, THANKS!

·
Registered
734 Posts
yes!! it does work. 2008 series 2 SRT8. doing 15-20km/hr hold key in start position for 3-5 seconds, bas esp and mr squiggles all light up!! had the hand brake (i mean missus, lol) with me so i couldn't try the wheelspin test, but will for sure today and report back... i hope it does what it says, it **** me having to hold the esp button for 7-10 seconds before heading off and then it still didn't turn everything off. this is the same as the cut the wire mod without ripping out the dash and consol and hacking your wiring loome and isn't as inconvenient as the esp button while stopped... awesome, THANKS!
bastard! I gotta try mine tomorrow.

BTW, WTF is "Series 2" I know it isn't a US thing.. but fill me in

·
Registered
605 Posts
it should work on the 06's, mine's an 06' and I use it from time to time. Doesn't make the car any faster IMO but you can sure as hell smoke the tires with it on/off.

·
Registered
734 Posts
So holding down ESP ain't got **** on this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
"series 2" is the latest make over... the new boot lid, in dash my gig, red brembo brakes, all one colour interior, they call it the series 2 in Australia to diferentiate as there are some 2008 complianced 300's here that were the old style "series 1"... and yer, it seems this mode is the same as the wiring hack mod...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it should work on the 06's, mine's an 06' and I use it from time to time. Doesn't make the car any faster IMO but you can sure as hell smoke the tires with it on/off.
It doesn't work on all 06's. It doesn't work on mine. From what I've read it doesn't work on the early build 06's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
2008 SRT8 at 15mph, mine works! VRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts