Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with "phantom wiper action" upon activation and deactivation of turn signals? How about headlights being on in broad daylight? How aout phantom wipers when simply going straight down the road? radio randomly changing stations?? Window returning to original open position when using auto-close feature? The delay-off feature of headllights sometimes works and sometimes lights go off immediately when shutting car off??
I have all of the above on a virtualy daily basis but randomly....at least 4 trips to dealer on it but they can never find anything or duplicate!

·
Registered
230 Posts
AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module
needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected
for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then
drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also had a few of the problems you are talking about. The wipers coming on with the turn signals and the radio changing stations automatically. When I had my 300C in for the recall work I told them about those problems. They did the software upgrade and installed a new turn signal lever. So far (knock on wood) the problems have not returned.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Chamby1 said:
Has anyone had problems with "phantom wiper action" upon activation and deactivation of turn signals? How about headlights being on in broad daylight? How aout phantom wipers when simply going straight down the road? radio randomly changing stations?? Window returning to original open position when using auto-close feature? The delay-off feature of headllights sometimes works and sometimes lights go off immediately when shutting car off??
I have all of the above on a virtualy daily basis but randomly....at least 4 trips to dealer on it but they can never find anything or duplicate!
Many posts on these issues. All software related. There is a simple fix (providing your service dept is up to speed on their computer electronics). Chrysler have an upgrade for the Electronic Control Module. It is version 3.61. they need to "flash" your system. They may need to recalibrate your windows, as well.

For more info, search this forum for EVIC and recalibrate.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YOU must have told a dealer that believed what you told them.... I suggested a new turn signal lever/switch and they will not do it until THEY experience this... thanks for your input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Clean Windows and Lights go and stay ON !!!

Can anyone suggest a fix for me? When I use washer fluid to clean windows..the lights go on with the wipers in daytime and never shut off until I shut car off----any ideas??!~~

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Chaseme973 said:
Can anyone suggest a fix for me? When I use washer fluid to clean windows..the lights go on with the wipers in daytime and never shut off until I shut car off----any ideas??!~~
Go to this thread and read the entire thread. It's a software issue and very simple for the dealer to fix:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1969

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am taking it in Monday (before long road trip) to give them one more try, then I'll change dealers. But I have phantom wipers and now my driver side rear window only works half the time. Plus I still have the "noise" coming from my steering wheel. I am going to let them know this is the last chance for them before I take it to another dealer for all my service. Maybe then they'll remember how to "flash" the car!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chaseme, my car does the same thing, I notice it because the NAV screen is unreadable until I turn the interior lights up to the first click. It's never bothered me too much, but I've tried turn the lights to the off postion and when I got back to the auto postion, they come right back on... Strange..... I don't think the 3.61 addresses that issue because my car came with 3.61 and has always done this... Kinda irritating when you have to get road spray off the window....

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Chaseme973 said:
I had the same issue, when I set it to turn on the headlights with the wipers. California has a stupid new law that says that whenever it is raining hard enough to have your wipers on steady, you must have your headlights on too. Nanny state grumble grumble grumble.... Anyway, I set my lights to come on when the wipers do. The first time I washed my windshield, the lights came on an would not go off until the car was shut down. Not a big deal on the 405, but the air conditioning also cut out and would not restart. I had to turn the car off, then turn it on and reset the headlight/washer trigger before the AC would work again. I'm not about to drive around southern California with no AC. I have version 3.61 - still a few bugs in the ointment.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can leave your headlights auto on with wipers activated, but turn your wiper sensitivity sellector off, or to the "o"...on the wiper stalk. That way when you wash your windsheild, the lights won't come on. Of course, this defeats your auto rain sensing wiper feature. But it is starts raining you can flick it on and all be be right with the world.
P.S. NJ has the headlight law, too and I think it is fantastic. ANY time you have decreased visibility, even in the bright California sun, you should run some type of light to be seen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
deegee said:
I had the same issue, when I set it to turn on the headlights with the wipers. California has a stupid new law that says that whenever it is raining hard enough to have your wipers on steady, you must have your headlights on too. Nanny state grumble grumble grumble....

NY State has had that headlights on when wipers are on law for years. I never bother unless the skies got very dark. I figure cops will not want to get wet just to give out a ticket for not using the headlights in the rain. As I once read somewhere, a good cop never gets wet or goes hungry. Sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
LWOOD said:
You can leave your headlights auto on with wipers activated, but turn your wiper sensitivity sellector off, or to the "o"...on the wiper stalk. That way when you wash your windsheild, the lights won't come on. Of course, this defeats your auto rain sensing wiper feature. But it is starts raining you can flick it on and all be be right with the world.
P.S. NJ has the headlight law, too and I think it is fantastic. ANY time you have decreased visibility, even in the bright California sun, you should run some type of light to be seen.
LWOOD, I think it's ok to leave the wipers with lights on and still wash the windshield. Many months ago I thought mine did not work and a member indicated that there is a 30 sec delay specifically so the lights don't come on when you wash the windshield. :cool: Re: the NJ law, seems DRLs would be just perfect.

·
Registered
336 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
LWOOD, I think it's ok to leave the wipers with lights on and still wash the windshield. Many months ago I thought mine did not work and a member indicated that there is a 30 sec delay specifically so the lights don't come on when you wash the windshield. :cool: Re: the NJ law, seems DRLs would be just perfect.
Yes, you are correct, but as I read Chamby's post at the beginning of the thread his lights go on all the time. I was trying to come up with a solution. My car is at the DLR right now hopefully having some of these issues addressed. I have another long trip coming up and would like to finally squash the last "bugs"!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LWOOD said:
Yes, you are correct, but as I read Chamby's post at the beginning of the thread his lights go on all the time. I was trying to come up with a solution. My car is at the DLR right now hopefully having some of these issues addressed. I have another long trip coming up and would like to finally squash the last "bugs"!
My headlights are only on RANDOMLY during daylight hours... not all of the time. As info, I was getting encouraged reading about the 3.61 software update thinking my dealer/s had not performed it. bad news is that I checked status and found I have it but still have "christine" effect electrical bugs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts