Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
I may consider this same thing. With a false wall for a "port" even though I'm running my sub sealed with a center console with some nice wood, cupholders, and matching crystal of course ;)

Looks great Wes. Can't wait to see the end result...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
how extensive is that work? labor? materials? trying to figure out how much this is going to cost me, as the suede inserts were definitely on my list, but the buckets are just ingenius!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
415_300C said:
how extensive is that work? labor? materials? trying to figure out how much this is going to cost me, as the suede inserts were definitely on my list, but the buckets are just ingenius!
As soon as I can fit my head back in front of my computer... just joking. You probably need a good interior shop for this.
They should charge you about $500 or so plus suede costs. We have big plans for more interior mods...I'll keep ya'll posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigwise1 said:
Looks good Wes. I ended up going with black too. What kind of suede did you use? I just ordered some black Novasuede from Aspendog.
We went for Ultrasuede...it's supposed to wear well. But I'm sure Aspendog will do you right.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
wesexcellence said:
We went for Ultrasuede...it's supposed to wear well. But I'm sure Aspendog will do you right.
Both materials have similar properties, Novasuede has a bit more "knap" if one knows what I am talking about. It is the change in appearance when you brush the suede with your hands. I have used Novausuede for years in automobiles and do favor it over the other faux suedes. Can't go wrong with Ultrasuede, Sensuede, Novasuede, or Alcantara (which is just another type of Ultrasuede called Milano, it is a bit cheaper than standard Ultrasuede), just stay away from any of these new cheap "microfibers" they do not posess the same characteristics as the above mentioned...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,300 Posts
So if i were to have a local fabric shop or interior shop to do this to my car, this would not be something incredibly out of the norm....in other words u dont have to live in a big custom town like miami to have this done? and i have a cool vanilla c with light grey interior, what color would look good as inserts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
LAIDBACKC said:
So if i were to have a local fabric shop or interior shop to do this to my car, this would not be something incredibly out of the norm....in other words u dont have to live in a big custom town like miami to have this done? and i have a cool vanilla c with light grey interior, what color would look good as inserts?
You will have to find a good upholstery shop, because the seat skins have to be removed and taken apart to swap out the "inserts", then everything has to be reinstalled. We would charge at least $500 labor to swap the "inserts" out on this car. If we had to remove and reinstall in the car probably even more... It is not a simple DIY project IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LAIDBACKC said:
So if i were to have a local fabric shop or interior shop to do this to my car, this would not be something incredibly out of the norm....in other words u dont have to live in a big custom town like miami to have this done? and i have a cool vanilla c with light grey interior, what color would look good as inserts?
Most auto upholsterers can handle this. It's what they do. The price will vary from shop to shop but about $500 labor is the average we would charge.
I would recommend having the shop bring out samples to your car to decide which one you like best. We chose black and it looks pretty good.
Hope this helps.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top