Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ive been lurking for the past week or so after finding this board, and what a great source of info it is.
Today I'm picking up my 300C, ordered on 5/5. It's Satin Jade with everything but the nav.satellite radio, and u-connect.
With any luck I will put some pics up today or tomorrow.
Thanks to all that contribute all the helpful information that I've been finding here, I plan on visiting frequently.

Kell

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Congrats you lucky dog, I ordered mine on 4/30 and it was supposed to be built on 5/19 and ship on 5/31. I called DC and found it was built on Tuesday 6/1 and I should get it in two weeks. I was planning to take it to Indy 6/18 to see Schumacher win again, it's cutting it a little close.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congratulations! I look foward to the pictures. I am sure you will like the car as much as everyone else here.

Can't wait till Canadian grandprix...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hey six, you sure that's your car? Mine was built on the 26th of May and is still sitting in Brampton waiting to be shipped, same car, colour, and equipment. LOL. Kings, I hope you get it in your time frame, but mine has been sitting in storage for just over a week. I keep checking the tracking site and the carrier has it on hold.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I just checked the tracking site and find that my car is not scheduled to be at my dealer until the 14th of June, yesterday it was the 11th of June. I played with my VIN and found several other cars destined for other dealers on both sides of the border and see that the carrier also has them on hold, and one was a silver 300C which is "sold" and an unhappy customer in Kentucky is in the same boat as me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get to the dealer and take a look and it is SWEEEET! Then I notice that there is no moonroof :confused: My guy tells me that they aren't making any with moonroofs right now, and that the aftermarket ones are better. What do you guys think ?I took it, I didn't want to wait for months or whatever till they get caught up with the factory roofs. I'm hoping he's right about the quality.
Pics are coming, I'm waiting until tomorrow, it's supposed to be nice and sunny hopefully the color comes out nice.
This car is bad to the bone :D

Kell

·
Registered
254 Posts
SixM said:
I get to the dealer and take a look and it is SWEEEET! Then I notice that there is no moonroof :confused: My guy tells me that they aren't making any with moonroofs right now, and that the aftermarket ones are better. What do you guys think ?I took it, I didn't want to wait for months or whatever till they get caught up with the factory roofs. I'm hoping he's right about the quality.
Pics are coming, I'm waiting until tomorrow, it's supposed to be nice and sunny hopefully the color comes out nice.
This car is bad to the bone :D

Kell
No matter what he says, I wouldn't go aftermarket. Aftermarket is just that usually junk.
I would have waited for the factory one, or just went without....
JMHO...

Now if you can get all the Chrysler parts for a moonroof, and have it installed at a reputable dealer that may be different, but I would only use the factory mopar stuff.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah, the whole after market sun/moon roof just doesn't work well. I would also either wait, or skip on it all together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to go down and look at the ones they are currently installing on the 300C. The gentleman I talked to said they would have one done later with another in process. The warranty they offer is better than factory one so thats a plus. It sounds like a nice unit, we'll see.
Here are some pics I just took. :)

Kell

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
SixM said:
I'm going to go down and look at the ones they are currently installing on the 300C. The gentleman I talked to said they would have one done later with another in process. The warranty they offer is better than factory one so thats a plus. It sounds like a nice unit, we'll see.
Here are some pics I just took. :)

Kell
is that light grey or light tan interior?

looks great by the way!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
For what it is worth Honda and Toyota aftermarket roofs are excellent. Amazingly the after market leather is nicer than factory at least for the minivans. I checked out roofs (but did not buy) for our 02 Odyssey and 04 Sienna. You might check which company your local dealer is using and also check thier work on other makes. It would be well worth it because once a hole is cut in your roof, the toothpaste is already out of the tube never to be put back :eek: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts