Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few of you have heard me mention a previous love of mine - my 1969 VF VIP Valiant. I stupidly too very little pictures of it before I sold it :pat: . One of my best mates moved to the Czech Republic 2 years ago and emailed my saying he had found an old box of pictures and would scan and email some pics of MR 225 at Summernats 2000 and the All Chrysler Day.

It was just a cruiser and had a few dents down low but man did it turn some heads...! It had 17" billets (keep in mind not many cars had 17" wheels in 1998 when I first put them on), gleaming white paint, shiny chrome work, custom interior trimmed in BMW leather (my trimmer got a few sample hides from the 3 series BMW before it came out and used me as a guinea pig) and a huge, big $$$ stereo. It ran a high 14 sec 1/4 mile with a single carbie and a flat 14 with triple delortos (which were only on for 1 week - I couldn't afford to tune them as an 18yo!).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy a rare sight - you don't see many restored VIP's!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looked awesome mate :fing02:

You forgot to mention not only were the 17" billets tuff in 98' they were bloody expensive also, I should know, I had some too :biggrin: .....DB63's

·
Registered
561 Posts
Aaah yes. The cars of yesteryear. Brings a tear to ones eye :rolleyes::sad:

Dad had a 1954 Plymouth (Dodge/ De Soto). She was a good olbus..
Still got the workshop manual. Memories huh?

Cheers.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked awesome mate :fing02:

You forgot to mention not only were the 17" billets tuff in 98' they were bloody expensive also, I should know, I had some too :biggrin: .....DB63's
Yeah, the rims weren't too bad (under $2000 from memory) but the tyres were the killer - about $500 a pop!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I always like the VIPs. A friend's old man had two and they were the most luxurious of the locals in their day IMHO.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Very nice!! A mate of mine over here in WA has one that looks very similar to that. Tuff looking street car :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I've always a been a fan of Valiants and have had a particular soft spot for the VIP. It would have been the "ants pants" back in 1969. I caught the bag from my old man. He had a VE VIP with a 273 & a VG VIP with a 245. It was only natural that I was going to get a VF (they are the best shape IMO).

It was a challenge to restore/mod thought. The smaller "rear limo" window was a nightmare to get a good fit with a seal. The extended wheel base meant good rear doors and trim were hand to find, along with any chrome strips. I ended up custom making a lot of stuff - very expensive & time consuming!!! Worth it though :fing02:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey dude,

I had the exact same model with 318 V8 hemi and was it a strong beast. Mine was Green with Beige LeatherHood. With extractors & a full 2.5" system, it sounded and powered like no other I've had.
Gone but not forgotten....RIP My Old VIP

Sando

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet! You can tell it's a V8 because of the badge on top of the bonnet. Obviously they didn't come out of the factory with a 360 though!

Sando - you have good taste my friend! A mate of mine had a VF pacer with a 318 with a stroker crank. It ran high 12's and was one of the best sounding engines I have ever heard. Even the crackle of a 265 under accelaration sounds amazing. The Hemi definitely is one hellavu engine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts