Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would share some pics of my new tailights, I had them professionally tinted by www.jonstintedtails.com and they look awesome. I had Jon mask off the clear areas and only tint the rest. I will get them on the car as soon as they are in my hands. Also have some LED's that I am going to try to make work.

P.S. I just noticed my member #. Kinda funny in a junior high school way...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i was just thinking i would like to blaken my tail lights i have the brilliant black so i bet those would look great on mine .cant wait to see them on your ride that will determine wether i get a set..btw..what did they run you and how long did it take to getem shipped?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4herb2tas0tik said:
i was just thinking i would like to blaken my tail lights i have the brilliant black so i bet those would look great on mine .cant wait to see them on your ride that will determine wether i get a set..btw..what did they run you and how long did it take to getem shipped?
$105 for the tint and custom work (the tails were in bad shape, scraps and a gouge), $85 for tint only. He does them light, medium, and dark or a combination. These are medium. I purchased another set used to have worked on and it took Jon 3 Days total.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Looks real nice. Tinting the tail lenses is defiantly something I would like to do. It looks awesome on Black and Vanilla cars. But I haven't seen it on any other colors and I am not sure how it will look with Magnesium. So I am holding off until I see it on a magnesium.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
O so you cant just buy them? you gotta take'em out and send them to him then he does it?dont think i can drive around for three days with no tail lights..

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4herb2tas0tik said:
O so you cant just buy them? you gotta take'em out and send them to him then he does it?dont think i can drive around for three days with no tail lights..
I thought the same thing, that's why I bought an extra pair. Now I can go back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Gotta love the fact that people still take pride in the work they do. Those are some of the best tinted lenses I've seen on any vehicle platform. They remind me of adidas :)

Please post pix when you mount them up!

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doc G said:
HOw much for tail lights?
I paid $85 from a forum member who got them from a guy who got them on ebay. Wow that sounded like Ferris Bueller's Day off....

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
joey said:
Looks real nice. Tinting the tail lenses is defiantly something I would like to do. It looks awesome on Black and Vanilla cars. But I haven't seen it on any other colors and I am not sure how it will look with Magnesium. So I am holding off until I see it on a magnesium.
joey, check out Jon's home page - he has a pic of a silver car that looks great. If it looks good on silver, I think it would look great on your mag!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Aspendog / Jon- those look incredible. Can't wait to see pics with her new jewelry on! Please don't keep us in suspenders...

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
You guys tick me off ;) , another product I never knew I needed or wanted, I esp. like the non tinted clear areas which is what I will likely go with, Aspendog, what is involved in removing the lenses do you take out the whole assembly or do the lenses come off.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
II kings 9:20 said:
You guys tick me off ;) , another product I never knew I needed or wanted, I esp. like the non tinted clear areas which is what I will likely go with, Aspendog, what is involved in removing the lenses do you take out the whole assembly or do the lenses come off.
The entire assembly comes off by removing three wingnuts from the trunk. One is visible the other two are behind the molded carpet. There is one socket that plugs into each assembly. You need to slide the "red" lock on the assembly over and it will unplug. These are by far the easiest tailights I have ever removed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yo AspenDog, that ish is tight. I would like to do the same to mine, I hope you don't mind. Is that cool? If you don't me asking, how did u discuss what areas to tint and not to tint / who pays for shipping / where is he located?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
II kings 9:20 said:
Thanks aspendog, what are your thoughts on LED or upgraded tail bulbs.
I got some 21 light LED's and they seem bright enough with the stock color tails, I will not know until I get the tinted one's on.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Projekt 300C said:
Yo AspenDog, that ish is tight. I would like to do the same to mine, I hope you don't mind. Is that cool? If you don't me asking, how did u discuss what areas to tint and not to tint / who pays for shipping / where is he located?
He is in NY, you pay for shipping. Just tell him you want them like mine, I have no problems with that....

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sweet!

That looks real sweeeet aspendog,
Thanks for the pics :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts