Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics guys. It sucks that not one person wrote back to my last thread but anyways i will be getting you guys some numbers sat on what it will do with spray hopin for something good

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
What CAI or airbox is that?

Is it part of the NOS unit?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More pics of kit

This is also pics of 255/55/18 bfg kdw2s sorry it took so long and you guys can see the hid foglights :wave: to the camaros, gtos, and some vets its time to get this sleeper going i will post pics of the purge at night with the led illuminator once i get my bottle back,

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zex nitrous 82023

instead of having two solenoids for fuel and nitrous it is in that purple box comp cams makes the kit

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry didnt read your question correct

it is a k and n short ram, i made a cover for the top of it and paited it black and insulated the inside of the box with the same stuff i wrapped the intake with, it also is completely sealed off box that has a tube going down to the front lower vent next to the foglight. it is true true cold air that is what these cars need

·
Registered
909 Posts
Looks good

Keep us posted in the "what have you blown away" thread

·
Registered
909 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
25 Posts
He's a mad man!! Take no prisoners!! :AR15firin looks good man..look forward to seein the #s :banana: :silly:

·
Registered
362 Posts
wow you really wernt kidding man! i DID read your last post about it, but never responded mostly because i thought it was someone just playing around and not really serious about doing so, i said to myself "ill believe it when i see it"
well i seen it, and boy am i sorry for ever doubting you. lol your insane man, i think the first person who put a bottle to the HEMIs mouth! good to have people like you with enough testicular fortitude to be a guinea pig for this!
how big of a shot are you running? id be very interested to see some numbers of how it turns out, as well as perhaps a video with sound! also, do you have an interior mounted switch somewhere to unleash the juice? and most importantly HOW MUCH DID THIS ALL COST YOU?!
sorry for all the questions, but inquisitive minds must know! please keep us updated with results and feedback of the whole setup!
....i think this migh also be a good alternative to those considering a SC?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wow..sweet set up, looks great! Hope to see some time slips.

Just a caution - the plastic intake and big shots of nitrous didn't fair well on the Mustangs...granted, this is a completely different intake - but just FYI. The 150 shots blew them into pieces off the car!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
JuicedHemi said:
Here are some pics guys. It sucks that not one person wrote back to my last thread but anyways i will be getting you guys some numbers sat on what it will do with spray hopin for something good

Nice setup! I have not been in the forum in almost two months. Are you the first to do a nitorus setup? Are you using a WOT switch with your setup?

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
wow you really wernt kidding man! i DID read your last post about it, but never responded mostly because i thought it was someone just playing around and not really serious about doing so, i said to myself "ill believe it when i see it"
well i seen it, and boy am i sorry for ever doubting you. lol your insane man, i think the first person who put a bottle to the HEMIs mouth! good to have people like you with enough testicular fortitude to be a guinea pig for this!
how big of a shot are you running? id be very interested to see some numbers of how it turns out, as well as perhaps a video with sound! also, do you have an interior mounted switch somewhere to unleash the juice? and most importantly HOW MUCH DID THIS ALL COST YOU?!
sorry for all the questions, but inquisitive minds must know! please keep us updated with results and feedback of the whole setup!
....i think this migh also be a good alternative to those considering a SC?

Actually Need4speed is the first to do it on his SRT-8, but he won't admit it. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
answers to questions

zex operates on a lead that reads voltage from your throttle position sensor whens it reads 9 volts nitrous is engaged instead of using a micro switch. spark plugs i used are ngk iridium lztr5aix-13 these are one step colder to handle the spray. those are not fog light bulbs it is an hid kit i have purchased ballast and all

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
JuicedHemi said:
zex operates on a lead that reads voltage from your throttle position sensor whens it reads 9 volts nitrous is engaged instead of using a micro switch.

Which is a WAY more reliable way to do it vs. the old switch way IMHO.

As far as the "Be careful with a returnless system running N2O" comment....Make sure you keep an eye on your fuel pressure some how to make sure your rail pressure doesn't sag. You might want to install small jets an increase sizes while you determine proper FP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
switch vs tps switch

personally i didnt know that the zex kit operated that way i had fabricated a micro switch to be placed down by the gas pedel to open when it was at wide open and had a push button also to engage it but that did not work so then i had to do it there way. but if i would have known that i would have bought the nx nitrous kit instead, but now i have to spray out of the hole that i am kinda concerned about. but anyways

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cost of total kit plugs and all

i spent

nitrous kit 650
racers kit 300
ngk plugs 70
labor for fuel rail 120

total 1140

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fuel pressure question

this system is designed to shut down if there is any drop in fuel pressure and also it adjust lean and rich by itself

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd love to see your numbers, honestly though after my last experience I would stay away from nitrous, I had put it in my BMW with purge kit and everything and boy was that a disaster, although it was really fun and the car was extremely quick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts