Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics of the Kenwood DDX6017 in dash with Install Pics

OK, I got my second mod in the car (first was last week the rear lip spoiler). I went with the Kenwood DDX6017 in dash receiver - it plays DVD's, MP3's, CD's, and has a Sirius receiver that was $130.00 extra and also the AM/FM.. I did not get the nav, but it can be added later. Along with the back up camera and seat monitors later. So far it looks nice, I still need to read the damn book to get the thing to do what I want! My car did not have the nav unit but I did buy the navi trim bezel, I just can't stand the cut outs in the trim part... They made a customer trim plate to make up the size difference between the bezel, and the radio.

One question, I asked them to use a module that allows the factory amp and speakers to be used with the deck doing the tuning. My car sounds way worse now (I have the sound group II) and I am thinking they stiffed me for the module that I bought for $150.00. What do you think?

Is there a way to use an aftermarket radio and the factory amp and speakers? Anyone know how this would be done?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have to say that looks pretty cool. How does it sound?

HEMI4ME? said:
OK, I got my second mod in the car (first was last week the rear lip spoiler). I went with the Kenwood DDX6017 in dash receiver - it plays DVD's, MP3's, CD's, and has a Sirius receiver that was $130.00 extra and also the AM/FM.. I did not get the nav, but it can be added later. Along with the back up camera and seat monitors later. So far it looks nice, I still need to read the damn book to get the thing to do what I want! My car did not have the nav unit but I did buy the navi trim bezel, I just can't stand the cut outs in the trim part... They made a customer trim plate to make up the size difference between the bezel, and the radio.

One question, I asked them to use a module that allows the factory amp and speakers to be used with the deck doing the tuning. My car sounds way worse now (I have the sound group II) and I am thinking they stiffed me for the module that I bought for $150.00. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My install kinda pissed me off... He said that the factory amp and speakers would not work. He charged me $150.00 for an adapter that he did not even use...

Soooo, to answer your question honestly, it does not sound near as good as the factory deck. I am looking into a small 5 channel and possibly replacing the speakers, which I did not want to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts