Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
KCustom said:
Here is a shot of the I/P, door and rear speakers and one each of the 300 and Magnum subwoofers...
Great stuff. KCustom, is the sub enclosure ported or sealed? Thanx.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice pics. Now that I have a taste of what could be, I want the kicker even more. IMO, so what if I don't know how the kicker sounds? At the very least, it's obviously got to be better than the BA6. Compared to aftermarket prices, anything would be worth a shot...

Boy, I wish there was a way to guarantee the kicker for my car :confused:....LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
CMYSRT8 said:
Nice pics. Now that I have a taste of what could be, I want the kicker even more. IMO, so what if I don't know how the kicker sounds? At the very least, it's obviously got to be better than the BA6. Compared to aftermarket prices, anything would be worth a shot...

Boy, I wish there was a way to guarantee the kicker for my car :confused:....LOL
Is your car in "D" status? I would contact your dealer so they can contact the regional rep so they can put your car on hold with Brampton. I honestly think that if you car is not in D1 status yet that the kicker should be in full production run very soon, it is isn't already.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
Is your car in "D" status? I would contact your dealer so they can contact the regional rep so they can put your car on hold with Brampton. I honestly think that if you car is not in D1 status yet that the kicker should be in full production run very soon, it is isn't already.
Thanks Johnny Vig, that's what I was hoping for. Originally my delivery date was May 2/05, but because of the recent delay, I think I may have a shot at getting the kicker. But I'm still confused. :confused:.....I get so many different versions about the kicker from DCX (and the local salesmen are just useless, but that's another subject!) I would appreciate your insight.....

One salesman says that we buyers cannot do anything about the kicker - it will be random who gets it, and it doesn't matter if it is on your order sheet or not. Another says that Canadians will have no kicker this year - that it is only a US thing, and because it doesn't show on the Canadian system, only BA6s will be made. Finally, a third salesman says that the price would only be about $900 CDN to aftermarket a similar "kicker"....yeh, right!

What do you think? Do I smell a hint of "plain old commission lust", or is it more "they make it up as they go syndrome"? :cool: My status is D1....the VIN on Resume Speed's order list states it as not yet built. Is there someway I can influence things to hold out for the kicker without loosing my place in line?

·
Registered
17 Posts
kcustom any idea how many watts the sub is getting? I would think it would be pretty easy to install an aftermarket sub. I'd like to put in my 10W7 pushed by a JL 500/1.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sub has its own 100 watt amp

·
Registered
354 Posts
CMYSRT8 said:
Thanks Johnny Vig, that's what I was hoping for. Originally my delivery date was May 2/05, but because of the recent delay, I think I may have a shot at getting the kicker. But I'm still confused. :confused:.....I get so many different versions about the kicker from DCX (and the local salesmen are just useless, but that's another subject!) I would appreciate your insight.....

One salesman says that we buyers cannot do anything about the kicker - it will be random who gets it, and it doesn't matter if it is on your order sheet or not. Another says that Canadians will have no kicker this year - that it is only a US thing, and because it doesn't show on the Canadian system, only BA6s will be made. Finally, a third salesman says that the price would only be about $900 CDN to aftermarket a similar "kicker"....yeh, right!

What do you think? Do I smell a hint of "plain old commission lust", or is it more "they make it up as they go syndrome"? :cool: My status is D1....the VIN on Resume Speed's order list states it as not yet built. Is there someway I can influence things to hold out for the kicker without loosing my place in line?
You need to call your dealer asap and have them pull an updated von sheet. if it says kicker you should be getting the kicker, if it doesn't, you won't be getting it. I would also call the DCX 800 number and ask them if it is on their computers. option code rc5. do this all now so you know where you stand. Worst case, have your car put on hold if you can, but being in D1 might not be possible.

One other thought would be to add the kicker after you get the car- you should be able to buy the parts from chrysler and the install shouldn't be bad. It will all come down to how soon the parts will be ready and if chrysler will update the computer software when you add it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The good news is ...

... I went D1 today.

The bad news is ... no Kicker.

But I'm Jonesin too bad ... need car ... good weather coming ... need car. Can play Red Barchetta with an after market upgrade later ...
:cool:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Someone needs a push

CMYSRT8 said:

Just to confuse things further: I can tell you that the Magnum SRT8 has the Kicker system as an available Canadian ordering option now. This is taken directly from a current DCX document:

Group AY2: 100 Watt Kicker SRT subwoofer,
11 speakers Kicker SRT High Performance audio,
276 Watt Kicker SRT Amplifier.
Security Alarm
-(remember this is Magnum SRT8)

About 4 hours ago, I was with a Canadian dealer fleet manager, and he checked the computer for Canadian Kicker 300c SRT8 ordering - nothing showed, but the Magnum Kicker did.

Zilla

·
Registered
354 Posts
goddardzilla said:
Just to confuse things further: I can tell you that the Magnum SRT8 has the Kicker system as an available Canadian ordering option now. This is taken directly from a current DCX document:

Group AY2: 100 Watt Kicker SRT subwoofer,
11 speakers Kicker SRT High Performance audio,
276 Watt Kicker SRT Amplifier.
Security Alarm
-(remember this is Magnum SRT8)

About 4 hours ago, I was with a Canadian dealer fleet manager, and he checked the computer for Canadian Kicker 300c SRT8 ordering - nothing showed, but the Magnum Kicker did.

Zilla
This is because the Kicker system will be in complete full production run by the time they start building the cars. Same will go for the Charger and Cherokee SRT 8. Their advantage is that they are coming out after the Kicker started on the 300 SRT- 8.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No kicker...

Gorgle said:
... I went D1 today. The bad news is ... no Kicker. But I'm Jonesin too bad ... need car ... good weather coming ... need car. Can play Red Barchetta with an after market upgrade later ...
:cool:
Got your pm...I agree, no kicker is a bit disappointing, but not major. I've done some looking around, and feel a lot better about an after market. Given 8 demand still exceeds supply, I think it's better to get the car, kicker or no kicker, and then we'll worry about the speakers and sound later. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
158 Posts
CMYSRT8 said:
Got your pm...I agree, no kicker is a bit disappointing, but not major. I've done some looking around, and feel a lot better about an after market. Given 8 demand still exceeds supply, I think it's better to get the car, kicker or no kicker, and then we'll worry about the speakers and sound later. Just my 2 cents...
Absolutely!! After talking to enough aftermarket stereo shops just recently,I actually had kicker locate and fax to an aftermarket stereo company in my area,the exact information of the setup in the 300c srt-8.And they said that particular kicker system is ok,but there is so much better sounding out there,that won't cost you and arm and a leg and would be professionally installed,that we would like even better!!So needless to say,I'm very happy I did some researching!!!! :beerchug: I realized then,that we all can get alittle carried away about waiting for a stereo system!! oops-I've been guilty of that,but with this new info,man I'm glad their putting in a better aftermarket setup!!!:beerchug:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hey, Kcustom, can we assume the stock headunit is tweaked for the car, like the SRT-4s unit? You might want to explain that process a litle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
glhs837 said:
Hey, Kcustom, can we assume the stock headunit is tweaked for the car, like the SRT-4s unit? You might want to explain that process a litle.
The head unit is the same. There were no modifications done to the head unit. Keep in mind if there was, the system would have taken longer to come out. The head units are the same, only difference is the speakers. BA6, BA7, Kicker.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts