Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I modified the pink thingy but can not put my console back in place. Since modifying it I've had my shift cable from one extreme to the other. At one end, shift cable all the way forward on the elliptical hole, the car won't start and key won't come out. At the other, all the way to the rear on the elliptical, I have to reach down and pull the cable into drive. What am I missing?:pat: What do I have to do to put my console back in place and not have to worry about carrying tools?:grouphug:
Thanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just a couple thoughts...

Make sure your shifter is in the same gear when you hook the cable back up as it was when you disconnected it.
Check the other cable - the one on the left side of the shifter. If it is off even a little, it'll cause a problem

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
It's the other cable that locks/unlocks the shifter. Its length is adjustable by sliding the collar at its midpoint up to release the cylinder, then slide the cylinder forward or rearward (1) notch., and snap the collar back in place. Try adjusting the length longer or shorter until you can get the key out and the shifter out of park with the key in the on position and your foot on the brake.
You may have to play with the other cable to get the tranny to be in the indicated gear position. If you can tell where it was originally set put it back to the original setting.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I modified the pink thingy but can not put my console back in place. Since modifying it I've had my shift cable from one extreme to the other. At one end, shift cable all the way forward on the elliptical hole, the car won't start and key won't come out. At the other, all the way to the rear on the elliptical, I have to reach down and pull the cable into drive. What am I missing?:pat: What do I have to do to put my console back in place and not have to worry about carrying tools?:grouphug:
Thanks.

make sure u have the spring hooked up too...(just throwing it out there)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the other cable that locks/unlocks the shifter. Its length is adjustable by sliding the collar at its midpoint up to release the cylinder, then slide the cylinder forward or rearward (1) notch., and snap the collar back in place. Try adjusting the length longer or shorter until you can get the key out and the shifter out of park with the key in the on position and your foot on the brake.
You may have to play with the other cable to get the tranny to be in the indicated gear position. If you can tell where it was originally set put it back to the original setting.
Desiree can you tell me which collar you are talking about sliding. I replaced the pink thing about 2 yrs ago and every thing worked well until last week. I did take the shifter out of car to make sure the pink thing is still intact and it is. I just cant figure out which collar your speaking of. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts