Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago i noticed that when my car was at 60mph the steering wheel would tremble pretty badly. yesterday i decided to take her to the shop thinking a tie rod or something else. when they remove the right front rim there it was. a freaking dent on the rim. apparently i mustve hit a pot hole and it twisted my rim. i was so mad. the bent isnt great but enough to make her shake. so they tried to straighten it out a bit and rotated my wheels. i\this saturday ill take her to the shop so they can finish the job. they quoted me $70 to straighten the rim out. but with the little of work that was done on her and now that shes on the rear my car is nice and smooth again. but the thought its bent just eats me up.:pat:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Is this an OEM wheel we're talking about here?

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
no these are my 22" chrome velocity
Yeah, that's what I figured they were aftermarket wheels. I guess it goes with the territory and you have to be more careful of those damn pot holes because you have less side wall.

Bernie

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's what I figured they were aftermarket wheels. I guess it goes with the territory and you have to be more careful of those damn pot holes because you have less side wall.

Bernie
yes and here in NY the pot holes are freaking rediculous. i mean for real man they are just out of control. and i drive very careful. you know the last two times my wife used my car i had two slow leaks. not sure if its coincedence but this time as soon as i saw the bent rim i immediately called the wife and inquired if shed hit a pothole. and of course she goes off saying everytime something happens i blame her. i tell her everytime you use it the next day something is up with her. blah blah blah, i didnt get dinner last night.:pat:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
blah blah blah, i didnt get dinner last night.:pat:
Too funny!!! Sounds pretty typical, hot tongue and cold shoulder...haha.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reciever was unconscious...haha!!! Now I know why it's better to give than recieve. First we're talking about a bent rim and now it's someone who gets bent over. In both cases no one knew!!! Yes, and as you said "at the end it's funny". Tell that to the receiver...haha!!!

Bernie
i guess the case in central booking was funny. My case wasnt funny at all :yuck: lol

·
Registered
776 Posts
..... and of course she goes off saying everytime something happens i blame her. i tell her everytime you use it the next day something is up with her. blah blah blah, i didnt get dinner last night.:pat:
haha, this sounds familiar!

The potholes here in Chicago are crap too, mostly over the winter. They arent too bad during the warmer months. I get slow leaks all the time on my daily driver with its 18s (40 profile sidewall). Doesnt help that I work right next to a railroad crossing, so I hit that SOB twice daily. Id be surprised if my rims are bent too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use to have a dog named Daisy. She was a sweet dog, but always tearing up things. So when I suspect my wife of getting a ding in the car or something goes wrong that I think she was responsible for, I would say, well I guess Daisy did it.I have not accused her,but she gets the message.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
That ucks about the wheel. I'm even more suprised that your wife(hell we know she did it). found the only pot-hole in the city.I've always found the cross bronx expressway to be a thoroughly enjoyable ride.
At least you get dinner made for ya on the occasin. Best I get is " forget how to cook?)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. yeah man i do get some dinner here and there. actually she cooks more than she should. but thats ok. Shes actually great. Shed give money when i may be short and wanna do a mod. so i cant complain.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
" Cooks more than she should" Almost pissed myself. That is great that she'll give ya coin for a mod, but to then mess it up.Cold ,brother,just cold

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Yeah this is why I don't bother with aftermarket wheels, our roads here are REALLY REALLY bad. I mean, really bad. One day I damn near had to stop and throw up from all the bouncing around.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah this is why I don't bother with aftermarket wheels, our roads here are REALLY REALLY bad. I mean, really bad. One day I damn near had to stop and throw up from all the bouncing around.
i hear you man but i love after market wheels. wait till i lower her. oh my.

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
i hear you man but i love after market wheels.
PHP:
wait till i lower her. oh my.[/quote]
Waht are you gonna do with the car?

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
On a different note I just came home and had a tree fall on my roof and the base resting on my trailer. That someone it didn't "F"up the bike inside. Bent rim is sounding better to me now

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Aw sorry to hear that.

Sorta-related-note: What's with that style of roof eve? (The overhangs on your garage, they're like a HUGE FAD right now).

*hands a cookie*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts