Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no such thing as perfection. An intricate piece of machinery is bound to have issues, whether it be from age, a bone jarring bump in the road, an accident, or one of the hundreds (or thousands - I never counted) of parts individually failing.

There will be little noises that bother me, or the car might just not be driving as straight and smoothly as I would like it to. I might feel the suspension isn't just right. I'll get angry at that chip or scrape from somebody opening a car door into my car, or a rock hitting it. I am looking beyond the triviality that comes with any car.

I say trivial which isn't always the case. You could be unlucky and get a lemon. There is always a chance of getting a lemon, but it is not a regualr occurrance.

I've owned the following cars - (2) Chevy Novas - model years 1970 & 1972, Toyota Corolla, Ford Taurus Wagon, Mercury Sable Wagon, 1995 Mercury Villager Minivan, (2) Lincoln Town Cars - model years 2003 & 2007, Chevy Cavalier Wagon, Mercury Grand Marquis, Buick LeSabre.

I now own the following - 2002 PT Cruiser Dream Series I (Inca Gold) that the wife drives, and my 2007 300C AWD.

One thing I have done to every car I've ever owned is upgrade the sound system in some shape or form. Listening to music has always been important to me, and since I've always spent a decent amount of time driving I have always convinced myself that I am justified in upgrading the sound systems. Of course as I've grown older the upgrades have been more expensive and better sounding. And every time I've sat in any car I've owned, I have been most proud of the sound system in my car. What's been missing in 30 years of driving has been being most proud of my car.

My wife love the PT. When she saw the gold one in a picture it was her "dream car" and I surposed her with it. She'd been driving station wagons and minivans for a long time as the kids were growing up. It's a fun car (and yes, I upgraded the sound system too even though it's not my regular driver). We joined a PT club, went to many events, won a few trophies for the light modifications I did. It was the closest I had come to a car I loved.

My favorite car was my 1997 Town Car. Aside from the perfect sounding sound system, I had the most fun driving it because I always thought my favorite car to drive was a "living room on wheels". Yet, I was still most definately proud of the sound system first.

Well, that has changed. Yes I am proud of the upgrade I did to the sound system in the 300C. Sounds awesome. BUT - I LOVE THE 300C!!!! I love the car itself. I may have "needed" the sound system, but this car gives me the giddies when I get in it. Us 300 owners know how we feel about the outer looks of this car - it's mean/cool/...insert word here. It just has that "look". Yes I love all of the little extras in my 300C. It all adds up to a car I just want to sit in and drive.

Now, for me, the one hugely major change in my car driving belief is the power. I have never liked sports cars, nor have I ever had the desire to have any power under my foot - it's just something that didn't ineterst me. I could go fast in my other cars. A few years back driving home from Florida I had the 1997 Town Car going 100MPH through the desolate sections of 95 in the Carolinas (there was 6 of us driving in a line - strangers who somehow fell in line and drove too fast). Now I have this car that makes people say "holy crap". This luxury car has some major guts. It's not about the speed it reaches, but in the neck snapping amount of time it takes to get there. I've never had a car that I can pass somebody in the blink of an eye. I've never had a hemi.

I love my 300C. Somewhere down the line I may end up in a car I like more. But to hell with a crystal ball for I live in today, and today I am driving, by car, the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. And, even with these ridiculous gas rpcies, I don't drive the car any less.

I love my 300C, plain and simple.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hear ya. I just bought my used 300C... I had never driven a Hemi. The torque from 2500 RPM to 4500 RPM (where you spend most of your time) is awe inspiring. I have never owned a car with more than 200 HP and 210 TQ. This car is like a rocket. I agree... I don't go 90 or 100 in it, but I totally enjoy how fast I go from 0-50, or 50-70. That's where the Hemi shines, and I love it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hear ya!

I just peeped out of my office window at my car, and I'm actually anticipating the drive home after work.

It'll be frikkin' RUSH HOUR, what's wrong with me!

Oh well. I just wanna lean back, listen to some music, and chill the 'F' out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i feel bad about my 300c. i never get to drive it. my wife takes it and drives the kids around in it. i am stuck in a boring 90 honda accord (for gas mileage).

·
Registered
228 Posts
First off, I must say you are you awesome writer, I hope it's your profession. lol. And I agree with every bit of what you said. The only part I can't relate to is the speed, I drive a Limited 3.5. But it still has some get up.

I hear ya!

I just peeped out of my office window at my car, and I'm actually anticipating the drive home after work.

It'll be frikkin' RUSH HOUR, what's wrong with me!

Oh well. I just wanna lean back, listen to some music, and chill the 'F' out.
I totally agree with this man! Every bitches about driving home in rush hour traffic. I live in Minneapolis and I pray that traffic is bad so I can have an excuse to spend an extra 30 minutes in my 300 on the way home.

I love every aspect of my 300, I feel bad for snapping peoples necks though :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. haha

·
Registered
648 Posts
I agree with you man.. Mine also has a couple rattles over bumps and so forth, but everything else about the car makes up for it. My wifes car (07 toyota avalon ltd) is super smooth with no rattles as all and just so much more comfortable, but ANYYY day i have a choice to drive the 300 or hers, i quickly choose mine unless we are going somewhere far and there is a need to conserve gas. I just simply enjoy it so much more despite its flaws. I also find myself itching to drive somewhere after i give her a little wash and wax :lick:.. I too really enjoy my 300c.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As a loyal Jeep fan when I went to trade my 06 Signature Series 300 in for a loaded 08 Grand Cherokee and after the GC test drive I felt empty. I had been watching this 07C at another dealers and bought it without a test drive. Love this Car!!! When I drive my wife's GC I like it and its wonderful but it is not a 300 and I want to get back in my Hemi asap. It must have something to do with getting in the blood and not being able to exist without a 300. They are great cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts