Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I can try that but I seriously doubt it , the car smells fine until the fan turns on.

Anybody had to replace the fan motor or the resistor ? that controls the fan speed ??

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I haven't had to do that yet, thank goodness, as it looks like a bear of a job.

If the fan is off, any air inside the HVAC system won't be moving so I'm not totally convinced that it's the fan motor.

I'll ask again, any vibration or noise when you turn on the fan?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have noticed a plastic smell when I turn the fan on ac on or off
aaddmann,

I'm sorry to hear about the odor you're experiencing. In some cases an odor make develop in areas with high humidity and condensation. When did you first notice the smell, is it more prevalent in warmer weather?

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Is your vehicle equipped with a cabin air filter? If so check that first. Theres also an A/C Cooling Coil Cleaner available, 8 oz. Bottle Mopar Part#05170022AA you can use to clear up certain odors.

The only bulletin remotely related to an HVAC odor is listed below:

TSB 24-006-06

SUBJECT:
A/C Cooling Coil Odor

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting for leaves and other foreign material, cleaning, and treating the cooling coil and housing.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some vehicle operators may experience a musty odor from the A/C system, primarily at start up in hot and humid climates. This odor may be the result of microbial growth on the cooling coil. During normal A/C system operation, condensation forms in and around the A/C cooling coil. When airborne pollutants mix with this condensation, bacteria and fungi growth begins and odor results.

Good luck on getting the issue resolved asap!

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts