Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I would like to get new rims, but I'm broke. I currently have the 18" chrome rims that came with my 300 touring signature. The rims have taken a beating from the previous owner along the outside of the rims as you can see in this picture http://i.imgur.com/rZ8LGX7.jpg . I was thinking of sanding it down and smoothing it out and applying Plastidip in matte black. I was curious though if anyone here has tried it and have had any tips on it or if it's something I shouldn't do or anything like that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have done my rims, and just peeled it all off to do another color. The one thing to do is make sure you put 4 plus coats. If not you will want to shoot your self when and if you ever peel it off. I did 5 coats on the face and was able to peel it off in one piece.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Can anybody please tell me the best , if any place in the UK to get Plasti-dip ? Thanks PAT

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Can anybody please tell me the best , if any place in the UK to get Plasti-dip ? Thanks PAT

Ever thought of trying www.plastidip.co.uk Pat? That could be a good place to buy it...!!!!???? ?????

Ha ha, seriously though that's where I get mine from.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Rims look much better, how about a zoomed out shot to see if we think it looks good on the car itself..???

·
Registered
78 Posts
I plasti dipped tons of rims .. Even entire cars lol. Best to spray heavy so easier to peel if/when that time comes. As for getting it on tires no biggie. . probably in a few days you'll see it starting to peel off the tires. Just grab it and pull it off.. Easy. I never tape off the tires . also best stuff to clean the brake dust off plasti dip wheels is some orange citrus cleaner. Usually found in auto cleaner aisles. Spray nine etc. If it starts to get dull or not as good looking. Keep a can in the garage and after cleaning them give them a quick re spray and will look good is a new. Also covering up your entire inside of wheel isn't necessary. Unless you have some nice painted calipers or something. Which in that case a small grocery bag will work. Getting over spray on the rotors it will come right off first time u hit the brakes.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
^^^^^^^ That gold colour looks amazing. What is it called on the can?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts