Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay I installed the license plate cam and hooked it up to the Nav2Go unit. I tapped the power for the cam from the front cigarette lighter wires so that the camera is powere on only when the cigarette lighter socket is activated via the ignition key:

1. plate cam as installed,
2. Close up of the license plate- I had to cut a notch in the top center of the plate to make it fit.
3. A shot with a white envelope on the ground about 3 feet from the cam lens to the edge of the envelope towards the photographer .
4. shows the view from the NAV unit of the same envelope in picture above. The picture shows "moire patterns" - I haven't perfected the art of taking synchronized photographs from a video screen.. it looks much clearer in real view.

Next week end, Im going to attach the rear trigger wire to the back up lights to make the rearview cam come on automatically upon reversing. Right now, I can watch my "back" as I am driving- almost feels like playing one of those video games- the road rushes by really fast and you can see every oil stain and crack on the road as it zips by :)

Jaydee

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
That looks great! How do you like the Nav-2-Go? Sound good while playing?

·
Registered
161 Posts
how is the picture when the licence plate lamp comes on? Since the licence plate lamp is right above the camera does it 'wash' out the picture?

Neat installation -- very slick

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Answers

One thing which worried me was that the thickness (depth) of the cam on top pushes the license plate away from the direct light from the plate lights. At night, the plate is not illuminated as it was before the mod. The upside of it is that the license plate light does not "wash" out the image. Right now, there is no wash out/haze/loss of contrast at all.

As for the Nav2go- that mod does not include Audio- Still waiting on JonWs audio and CANBUS compatible mod to make that happen... It's all coming together in stages.

One thing which detracted from the neatness of the install was the cam wire that I threaded through the right plate light opening (you can see this in the second pic). I should drill a hole directly behind the cam to thread the wire through even more un-obtrusively.. ah, next week-end beckons!

Jaydee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts