Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any more pix of this beauty? I've found a few of the OLD setup and a couple of the new setup, but I've googled and searched and looked high and low and get little coverage on the new look.

I can't post pix up at work, but I'll look for a work-a-round for a reference in case memories are in need of jogging.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Nevermind...

So, my buddy Shane went to Wekfest and actually SAW this car. He told me to google Wekfest. After doing that and searching thru about a gabillion pictures, I came upon the blog of the company that did the suspension for this car. 7 pages later, VIOLA.

And here's what the car USED to look like:

and then...

A few things on here that I don't like: no brake work; ridiculous stretch, no exhaust, but the basic concept is solid I think. The wheels look like 20's tho. I'm not even going to try to find specs on this car anymore. Apparently the owner of this has numerous other high end cars, the lease of which being a Maserati so the 300 is apparently his "Civic". But whatever.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

There are a trail of modded cars there... What neighbourhood is that? ^_^

That car looks well done - massive changes in it.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
I'm no fan of chrome, & I like matt paint, but this time my vote is for the 'before' version

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im with Kaiser I like the before version better except for the rims. I guess I just dont know enough about the Platnium VIP to really see why it makes it that much better.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
^^true dat!! Car was sold overseas.. And those wheels are 22x12 with a 7" lip F and 22x15 R with a 8.5" lip.. Wheels look small because they are all black. Matte black centers, and gloss black w/ silver pearl lips.. Seen it in person, and it's really nice.. I belived he skipped out on break work, because he wanted more width.. Over all, nice build..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^true dat!! Car was sold overseas.. And those wheels are 22x12 with a 7" lip F and 22x15 R with a 8.5" lip.. Wheels look small because they are all black. Matte black centers, and gloss black w/ silver pearl lips.. Seen it in person, and it's really nice.. I belived he skipped out on break work, because he wanted more width.. Over all, nice build..
Hey Hem, do you know the name of those wheels? I thought VIP modular but it's hard enough finding pics of the car let alone any info on it

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
@driftsucky.. Those wheels are made by Vip Modular Forged. The model is the VR12's. Still new, they havn't put that wheel on there site yet. Pic's don't do ant justice, that wheel is nice..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
speaking of nice, when are you gonna post up pics of YOUR car. seems scarce these days. The season is just picking up here, again, but I know it never dies, so you should have some pix floating around somewhere. ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
sup hemmissey, whoa 8.5 in rear, sick! I was thinking of doing bigger in the rear on my wheels and was told the largest I could do was 7" rear lip w/o using a stepping lip. which means I would have to get a 21" face then the 8" stepping lip. so I decided not to do that, didnt want to lose strength of the wheel by going over 7" on the regular style lip. his wheels dont look like the stepping style lip. are they the regular style lips?

·
Registered
247 Posts
now waiting for someone to put it all together inside and out. Ive seen guys on her have great interiors but not exterior or great exteriors and nothing done on the inside. clean inside and out is what Im looking for.

·
Registered
247 Posts
one of the builders at platinum vip that worked on this car said the fender flare they did was 2" in the rear. he said the wheels are 7" lips in rear where the lip starts to curve and 7.5" to very edge of the wheels in the rear. 5" lips in the front which the fender width stayed stock. he said to have this type of mod is $1k per side. more $ if they repaint the rear end of the car depending on color.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow. You guys are blowing my mind with these wheel widths. I think I'm gonna go for a 6inch lip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Best 300 i have ever seen... so is that a completely custom kit or a kit that was modified to widebody?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts