Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys N Girls,

Back in the old days I was able to hire a unit that plugged in to my ODB11 post for my 2007 SSV Holden which would allow (once following instructions) the screen reader to set the speed indicator that turns the screen off whilst driving to kick in at 200Km/h.

Meaning that any DVD I played would remain on screen unless I managed to get up to 200Km/h before it would then blank the screen.

Is there something like this available for the 2013-14 Chrysler SRT-8,? I do know about the Pic-Lock unit but didn’t want to spend that much for something I would not use the full features for.

Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
If there was we'd all have one. ;) Nothing I know of other than a lockpick.

Have you tried pressing the passenger side hot and cold buttons simultaneously and holding them for a few seconds to see if you can get Engineering mode? If you can there's a setting in there that you can change to watch DVD on the move. If not then, like the rest of us, you'll have to wait for CoastalEtech to work on their lockpicks for RHD cars.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Piggy.

I read this was avail however not sure if avail on a 2013 or a 2014 vehicle. Is there much difference between the two?

I' looking at purchasing the new Chrysler SRT8 and have a choice between the two but not sure which way to go. Both demos the one I like with roof n wheels is the 2013 but i can get a 2014 but without the sunroof or black chrome wheels.

The big question tho is the number of Km's on them so really keen for some input.

Feb 2013 - < 20000 km's
Feb 2013 - < 8000Km's

Thoughts?

And I wont hold any to it lmfao

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
There'll be no difference between the '13 or the '14 that I know of. Other than the obvious price difference, you would think you'd be able to get a pretty good deal on the '13. Mileage wouldn't matter that much if you're only talking 8k or less, that won't matter at all by the time you've had the car a few months, but it will give you some bargaining room. I bought mine as a demo with 3k klm, fully loaded with all the options for nearly 10 grand less than the going rate at the time.

The only reason I mentioned the temp buttons and looking for the Engineering mode was just the slight chance it might have been a '12 with the non 3D Nav. Not likely if it's getting into Feb 2013.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for your comments. I did misslead you with an error on my part it should read

Feb - 2013 20000 Km's
Feb - 2014 8000 Km's

For me the km's is not a huge oart more the differance between the years

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I figured, but I would have guessed the older one was the 8k. lol. No difference that I'm aware of between those models, certainly nothing major. My '12 would have more differences with the earlier Nav unit but those 2 you mention won't have that. You'll be fine with either. I certainly prefer the black chrome however the only thing I really wanted was the extra leather. Of course all these things are personal choices but my advice would be to hold out for what YOU want. If I'd have rushed I would have got one without black chrome, leather and sunroof, I'm very glad now I didn't buy that one.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Km on either is nothing in my books, if you are going to chauffeur with it, have a sit in the back and see if you still think the sunroof is a good idea, I certainly wouldn't want to pay to rid in the back of one. I am really glad I got mine (2010) without, one less thing to go wrong in my books and you do seem to loose a lot more rear headroom with the newer dual pane roofs.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Oh yes, I very much agree with that. I should have looked a bit closer at your sigs, certainly you lose a little headroom with a sunroof. I was in the backseat once and the middle of it was intolerable being a touch over 6ft. I haven't had any complaints from anyone in the other back seats but yeah, you definitely need to fully consider that. The only other thing is that the black chrome wheels are for all intents and purposes unrepairable if you damage it, as against the standard polished silver wheels. I'm sure you've seen that conversation in other threads running atm.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cheers Darren & Piggy, I’ve not sat in one with the sunroof as yet, looking real close at that one tomorrow arvo and I’ll def take a seat in all spots to check.

In the end however it will be what I’m keen to go for as here in WA we only get to use the car for now more than 8 years (from build date) as a chauffeur vehicle and after that it will become our daily 

For me this will most likely be our last vehicle so I’m keen to purchase what the wife and I won’t as the limo gets more use than the sedan. At the moment we’re only adding around 13K to 15K a year over the past two years in the sedan.

If however the seating is really concerning we will need to re-think on the roof.

Yes Piggy I hade heard about the wheels however I ahve read you can get a look-a-like from overseas but it would not have the rims marked as SRT.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went and checked out the vehicle. You right the centre rear seat would not suit a tall person. Reading up its about 40mm difference with the sunroof.

The car mind you really does look the part with the roof and blk wheels. The think I'm looking at is what do we want v's how many times have we had tall people sit in the centre rear seat.

This vehicle does get the nod from the wife (and I) but we still need to have a think about the "best suited /option.

Your input guys has been appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts