Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

For a few months, I have connected my Galaxy S4 to the uConnect. Every time I play Music, it goes good for 5 6 minutes then after that, the sync goes off, like the music stops but then starts 10 seconds forward... becomes annoying to listen to music. The funny thing is when I turn off and on my Bluetooth on my S4, the music starts and it goes well again for a few minutes with no stops.

I only have this problem when playing music, I use the Bluetooth to make calls and stuff but no problems there.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Prob not much you can do about the signal or transfer speed. Best bet would be to reduce the bitrate of the music you have stored. 320kbps is best. 128kbps is good quality. Anything lower than that and you will hear the poor sound quality. Check your files and try playing one with a lower rate and see how it does.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think you should check with samsung support forums. Cause I am using both S4 and iphone 5S. I listen music through uconnect - bluetooth without any problem everyday.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Had no problem with the S3 or S4 in that regard, if anything the S4 is even more stable that the S3 was.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Try checking to see some of your user experience settings, such as haptic feedback. That usually interferes with bluetooth streaming, for whatever reason, Samsung's bluetooth stack is affected by it.

I know I put a post in another thread about this. There's a couple of settings you could turn off to improve the performance of your bluetooth.

Had to do this with my wife's GS3 and from my research it's still necessary on the GS4.

Anyway bluetooth worked perfectly after changing the settings.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi

For a few months, I have connected my Galaxy S4 to the uConnect. Every time I play Music, it goes good for 5 6 minutes then after that, the sync goes off, like the music stops but then starts 10 seconds forward... becomes annoying to listen to music. The funny thing is when I turn off and on my Bluetooth on my S4, the music starts and it goes well again for a few minutes with no stops.

I only have this problem when playing music, I use the Bluetooth to make calls and stuff but no problems there.

Any ideas ?
It's most likely your phone. I stream music all the time on my iPhone. Sounds great, and never an interruption or problem.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think I recall reading about S-Voice or something like that on the phone causing problems with playback stuttering. I think it's a voice-recognition thing.

Look in the phones settings and see if you can find something like that and disable it.

Hi

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
So turning off S-Voice and Haptic did nothing? That's usually the fix for bluetooth issues with Samsung phones going back to the first galaxy series that had S-voice.

Can you perform the android clear cache recovery procedure to see if it helps any?

Be forewarned to backup all your data before doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts