Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Sorry, just has the Stones playing out in the car. Couldn't resist, lol.)

My name is Neil, I live in Kannapolis NC, and recently I purchased my 2007 300C with the SRT Design package. I've been "observing" the forum for about the past month, and I know there are some mixed reactions concerning the SRTD 300C, and I'm cool with that. Important thing is, I like it. And I'm hoping y'all will be at least tolerant of some of my mods, throw me some pointers, offer advice, etc, regardless of whether or not you personally like what I'm doing.

A little bit about me; I'm getting ready to turn 40 in June, and I narrowly escaped the dreaded midlife crisis purchase of a 2014 Ford Mustang with all the flash. Not that I don't dig the car, but for ME it would have been a midlife crisis purchase. Then I found my steel blue 300C and decided it would be the difference between being pulled into 40 kicking and screaming or stepping into 40 gracefully. I actually considered a Challenger first, but my wife and I have a 5 year old boy, Cheytan, and a four door would just make more sense right now.

I've been building classics and hotrods (13 so far) for a little over 24 years now, so this is new territory for me. I've got much to learn. But, I figure I've got a great base to start from, and when it's done (though it'll never really be "done") I'm hoping to have a real head turner. I'm going more hotrod than tuner, and giving it an old school classic kind of look.

First thing to go was the grille. I ordered my Grip Tuning grille (horizontal bars, chromed) within 24 hours of having the car. Next was the Hurst shift knob kit, and while it doesn't do anything for performance, it looks old school cool. I ordered my Danko shaker a few weeks ago, still waiting on that. This morning I had my new BG Rod Works "Old School" 5 spoke 20s in gunmetal mounted and balanced. Love the new look. Next come the Megan Racing 1.5" lowering springs, already on order. Also, next week I should be receiving my Diablosport Predator tuner. In the near future I'll also be adding headers, cat-back exhaust, and possibly paddle shifters. It already had a K&N filter charger kit on it when I bought it, so that saved me a couple hundred anyway.

Lastly, every car I've owned for the past 10 years has gotten the Punisher logo in place of the badges, and this one is no different. If you know anything about the Punisher, you know he did everything he did for his family. I can relate, since my family is my life. Everything I do, the job I hold, the sacrifices I make every day, is for my wife and son to be able to have everything they need, and then some. So I put my Punisher badge on my car as a reminder. On my 300, there are a few... Lol.

Well, that's about it! Looking forward to being an active member and learning all I can! ~Neil

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Neil. You'll find us very tolerant of all models, mods and owners preferences. We have no bias here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I look forward to time well spent here. Wish I knew how to post a few pics!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You have enough posts to put up full size pics using something like photobucket.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome from Charleston, SC!

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hi and welcome Neil!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Hey there from Montreal, Canada.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the intro. I'm glad you decided to go with the 300 instead of the Mustang, although it's an amazing car the 300 is so much more reserved. Its madness creeps up on you because of it's cool demeanor ;)

Anyways looks like you know where you are going with the car and you clearly have allot of experience so I look forward to seeing your mods!

Cheers,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi and welcome from down the road in Laurinburg NC

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi and welcome from down the road in Laurinburg NC
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcomes! I agree about the 300 being an ALMOST "sleeper" because, while it has a rather brutish appearance nobody evpects it to be fast. I like to joke that I got my Challenger after all, but it came wearing a tuxedo. I equate it to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Oscar night, lol.

Yes, I have some big plans already set in motion and I have yet to make the first payment. I've always been a "car guy", but I've always worked with carbureted cars made before I was. I'm having fun so far, but I've got so much to learn.

And, Stupidfast, I'll be going back to Laurinburg quite often in the future, so maybe we'll have to get up sometime and talk shop. I work for a Japanese owned robotics company, and my Japanese coworkers have nicknamed my new wheels "Baca Paya", which I may get on the tag. Literal Japanese translation is... "Stupid fast", lol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there from Montreal, Canada.

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the intro. I'm glad you decided to go with the 300 instead of the Mustang, although it's an amazing car the 300 is so much more reserved. Its madness creeps up on you because of it's cool demeanor ;)

Anyways looks like you know where you are going with the car and you clearly have allot of experience so I look forward to seeing your mods!

Cheers,
Thanks, good to be in the company of like-minded individuals. Speaking of mods, I received my genuine Aerocatch flush mount hood pin set yesterday, and upon arrival of my Danko shaker I'll be slicing and dicing that shiny aluminum hood. I'll be sure to document the process, as well as snap plenty of pics. Nothing ever goes exactly as I picture it going in my head, so its bound to have some tense/interesting moments to say the least. Anyone got a spare hood laying around?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Naples Florida! I can relate to the 'all for family' attitude...and the 300 attitude! :) Nice car, good philosophy welcome brother!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from a small town in Ohio!

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from London UK :wave:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Thanks, good to be in the company of like-minded individuals. Speaking of mods, I received my genuine Aerocatch flush mount hood pin set yesterday, and upon arrival of my Danko shaker I'll be slicing and dicing that shiny aluminum hood. I'll be sure to document the process, as well as snap plenty of pics. Nothing ever goes exactly as I picture it going in my head, so its bound to have some tense/interesting moments to say the least. Anyone got a spare hood laying around?
Take a look at the "Parts Buy/Sell Forum" and if you don't see what you are looking for post a "WTB" thread explaining what you are looking for. You can check out this "how to/rules" thread also; http://www.300cforums.com/forums/parts-buy-sell-forum/9380-rules-buy-sell-forum-read-before-posting.html

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from a small town in Ohio!
Hi, and thanks for the welcome, everyone! Just out of curiosity, WHICH small town in Ohio? I'll be spending most of June/July in various small towns in Ohio, business related of course, but I'm actually kicking around driving there (490 miles give or take) rather than flying into Dayton Airport. Always good to know folks when you travel as much as I do.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take a look at the "Parts Buy/Sell Forum" and if you don't see what you are looking for post a "WTB" thread explaining what you are looking for. You can check out this "how to/rules" thread also; http://www.300cforums.com/forums/parts-buy-sell-forum/9380-rules-buy-sell-forum-read-before-posting.html
I was kidding about the spare hood thing. I believe in measure a dozen or so times, cut once too small, measure a few more times, then trim to perfection. But, ya never know...:smashfrea

·
Registered
792 Posts
Welcome to 3CF from Puerto Rico!!!:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts