Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum!
love this place

the guy who owned my 2005 300C before me had and aftermarket dvd player installed. it was a clarion and a POS. and badly abused. so i took it out and wired in my own system, he had the mod done to be able to drive and watch movies. so once my deck was in, the car started to chime every time i started moving from a stop, because the car thinks the E brake is on. i believe.

In search of a way to fix this problem i pulled the foot liner out from above the pedals, to my suprise, a push button switch and a toggle switch were dangling in my face. they looked aftermarket so i played with them to see what they did, they seemed to turn my chime off. also fixed my passenger airbag light problem. and ALSO put out my check engine line, but when i plugged my scanner in it read i still have codes?

i played with it some more, my check engine light started working again, but the other 2 problems stayed away.

2 months or so passed, my car has started chiming at takeoff again and my airbag light is back on. Now all the sudden, when i hold down this pushbutton, my dashlights and possibly turning indicators flash??

WHAT COULD THESE SWITCHES BE??? i thought they were an aftermarket way of turning the passenger air bog off at first, but now with all this strange behavior, i have no idea,

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Can't help with other stuff, but could the toggle switch be for exhaust cutouts? (Maybe removed now, but should be obvious if you look at exhaust under car...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no my car does not have cut outs and never did, exhaust is all original, and how would an old switch for cutouts affect my dash lights, airbags, and E brake?

im going to say it can unless there are some stripped wires shorting out in all the wrong places lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like some dodgy business going on - they may be there to mask a bigger problem!!

Do you know the guy that you bought the car from? is it possible to ask hime the question??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts