21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Picked my car up last night.
NIGHT & DAY DIFFERENCE!
Shifts so much better than before!
I am going to use my Intune today to reset my ECM adaptives (fuse 11) but can someone give me some more information on shift points?
On the Intune it only allows one setting for shift firmness and I have it set as firm but I keep reading about shift points. Is that for WOT use only or does/can it affect everyday driving?

·
Registered
698 Posts
So...... what was the probem?
Shift firmness on the Diablo tunes is a yawn. Use a Tranzformer to really tune the tranny and get all kinds of neat exrtras like steering wheel shifts.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So...... what was the probem?
Shift firmness on the Diablo tunes is a yawn. Use a Tranzformer to really tune the tranny and get all kinds of neat exrtras like steering wheel shifts.
Montreal the transmission shop said it was due for a filter change. My car has 120,000 miles on it. I did a flush a month ago at the advisement of another shop. They said that's all I needed to do.
Wrong!
I knew something wasn't right.
Now it's so much better!
Tranzformer is on my horizon!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Just a note to all the owners with a NAG1 trans.

These are extremely well built slushboxes with a ridiculous capability to absorb abuse.

If you want yours to last forever, simply service it every 30k miles. This is the severe duty schedule for an SRT8, but it's almost the exact same box in a 5.7 and some of the V6's too.

It will outlast us all if serviced regularly, I like to do the pan drop/filter the first time and then a fluid exchange the next. My car has over 200 drag strip passes and many, many road course track events under its belt, purchased new in August 05.

Never even a hiccup.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just a note to all the owners with a NAG1 trans.

These are extremely well built slushboxes with a ridiculous capability to absorb abuse.

If you want yours to last forever, simply service it every 30k miles. This is the severe duty schedule for an SRT8, but it's almost the exact same box in a 5.7 and some of the V6's too.

It will outlast us all if serviced regularly, I like to do the pan drop/filter the first time and then a fluid exchange the next. My car has over 200 drag strip passes and many, many road course track events under its belt, purchased new in August 05.

Never even a hiccup.
Felt good to read that!
I have seriously had my doubts about this transmission... Seriously!
I really had no right to judge it not knowing anything about it but I was less than impressed with it until now.
I still want it to shift firmer in regular driving so I suppose my next step will be the Tranzformer.
I just wasn't sure that was the best option for "everyday" driving.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts