Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP ! im ordering a 08 300Csrt8 & i wanna know if there is any problems...

Hello everyone...
how is everyone doing? hope everything is going on well?

NEED HELP A.S.A.P. (before i order)

please guys with srt8s help me, iam ordering a 2008 300C srt8 and i wanted to know if the car has any problems in the engine or whatever, because i heard tat most srt8s have an overheating problem in the summer time...is it true?? and i also wanted to know if its an "everyday use car" ? i mean can it be used for long trips and cruising around for long hours? i know that the 300C srt8 is a great powerful car but i just wanted to make sure that if it has any problems and is it a suitable car for me being as a cruising type of guy....would really appreciate ur help and ur replies will really help me decide to order one or not...thanx everyone!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Hello everyone...
how is everyone doing? hope everything is going on well?

NEED HELP A.S.A.P. (before i order)

please guys with srt8s help me, iam ordering a 2008 300C srt8 and i wanted to know if the car has any problems in the engine or whatever, because i heard tat most srt8s have an overheating problem in the summer time...is it true?? and i also wanted to know if its an "everyday use car" ? i mean can it be used for long trips and cruising around for long hours? i know that the 300C srt8 is a great powerful car but i just wanted to make sure that if it has any problems and is it a suitable car for me being as a cruising type of guy....would really appreciate ur help and ur replies will really help me decide to order one or not...thanx everyone!
RELAX and hurry up and get it!!! You won't have any problems using it however you want, including cruising. These cars run hot naturally, but the cooling system is bullet proof. The fans don't even come on till 215 degrees. There is no problem with overheating.

It's hard to tell what you mean by an "everyday use car". Many people drive them all year round. I don't know where you're from and if winter is a factor, but if yours comes with the 3 season F1 tires, you'll have to get winter tires. If you get the all season tires, you should be OK within reason of course.

Bernie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate ur help

RELAX and hurry up and get it!!! You won't have any problems using it however you want, including cruising. These cars run hot naturally, but the cooling system is bullet proof. The fans don't even come on till 215 degrees. There is no problem with overheating.

It's hard to tell what you mean by an "everyday use car". Many people drive them all year round. I don't know where you're from and if winter is a factor, but if yours comes with the 3 season F1 tires, you'll have to get winter tires. If you get the all season tires, you should be OK within reason of course.

Bernie
thanx alot Bernie, really appreciate ur help..im from Bahrain, a small island near kuwait where its very hot (about 40 degrees celcius in the summer) thats why im asking if there is overheating problems in the summer....well, what i mean by an "everyday use car" is well how can i say that, the 300C srt8 is a car for the track having its big 6.1 engine, will it be a problem to drive it work, leave work and have road trips or maybe sometimes cruising around for long hours?...let me explain it better...im the kind of guy that keeps the car running, driving the car from place to place and not stopping till i get tired and reach home, so i wanted to know if i used an srt8 like this would i be facing problems with the car's engine or whatever later on?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
thanx alot Bernie, really appreciate ur help..im from Bahrain, a small island near kuwait where its very hot (about 40 degrees celcius in the summer) thats why im asking if there is overheating problems in the summer....well, what i mean by an "everyday use car" is well how can i say that, the 300C srt8 is a car for the track having its big 6.1 engine, will it be a problem to drive it work, leave work and have road trips or maybe sometimes cruising around for long hours?...let me explain it better...im the kind of guy that keeps the car running, driving the car from place to place and not stopping till i get tired and reach home, so i wanted to know if i used an srt8 like this would i be facing problems with the car's engine or whatever later on?
Nah, I wouldn't worry about a thing. Just like those who've commented in your other thread, take the plunge. These cars can take a beating and come back for more. Some even have over 80,000 hard miles on them. The cooling system was tested in Death Valley. Even the name tells me it's HOT there, so I don't think you'll have a problem.

I guess snow is not a problem for you either...haha. I only mentioned that because the F1 3 season tires will not do well in the winter. The F1's are 255/45/20 in the rear and 245/45/20 in the front. The RSA all season tires are 245/45/20 front and back BTW. This would allow you to rotate your tires with these.

We also have several members from your region here too. Have a look at this thread - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/overseas-forum/45784-k-u-w-i-t.html#post572082 and feel free to jump in to ask any questions that may concern you.

Bernie

·
Registered
376 Posts
To date, flawless. Temps fluctuate some but overheat? Never.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was a mortgage rep in sunny so cal and NEVER have had a problem. The service manual says its not recommended to drive the car in less than 10 mile intervals or excessive oil changes are needed. I drove my car 10-15 stops per day and put over 20,000 miles of hard accelerating stop and go off and on driving with 0 problems. These engines are made a lot sturdier than the regular hemis and can take a beating. There are other real estate professionals on here that beat their cars hard to and have 80,000+ miles.

This isn't like a jap trap that will crumble if you beat on it. That's why these cars weigh so much. They have a lot of extra bracing in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts