Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm based in the UK and in Warwick, I have the code that you get on preface lifts from the battery going flat.

My MOT is coming up in 2 weeks and I have to get it mtd (obviously) lights came on after me leaving headlights on over night the first week I brought the car and they have never bothered me.

I recently drove to Andover to get them cleared by a forum member but he was unable to do so as techauthority has changed to the Stellantis portal now.

Please can anyone help me? Any places you can recommend that can either deal with this issue or would understand to let it go through an MOT.

I've already spent £100 at unity fiat delaership who seemed to not have a clue despite me explicitly explaining what the problem was.

Same issue I have is below for more context.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi mate,

Had exact same problem and lots of stress about this last year.

I took it to Jeep Guildford and they performed an ABS module reset and vehicle reconfiguration and it was flushed out.

Cost me a notional hours labour of £150 but only way of fixing it because you have to get inside the ABS module programming which is witech only

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,810 Posts
DiagFCA and AlfaOBD programming tools claim to support ABS modules. I have a copy of DiagFCA, but haven't yet needed to use it, so I can't say if that would have fixed your problem.

I was interested to see your comment about Jeep Guildford. I have been less than impressed with their customer service , since they showed no interest, several years ago, in responding to the airbag recalls. I subsequently had both recalls done by HWM (Jeep/Aston Martin) Hersham who were incredibly courteous and efficient. I have also found Hughes (Jeep/Mercedes) Beaconsfield, very good. Maybe I'll give Jeep Guildford another try in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DiagFCA and AlfaOBD programming tools claim to support ABS modules. I have a copy of DiagFCA, but haven't yet needed to use it, so I can't say if that would have fixed your problem.

I was interested to see your comment about Jeep Guildford. I have been less than impressed with their customer service , since they showed no interest, several years ago, in responding to the airbag recalls. I subsequently had both recalls done by HWM (Jeep/Aston Martin) Hersham who were incredibly courteous and efficient. I have also found Hughes (Jeep/Mercedes) Beaconsfield, very good. Maybe I'll give Jeep Guildford another try in the future.
I have diagfca. The ABS module is read only on it. You cant programme anything in that module.

Guildford were useful but i had to leave a set of instructions. I went all the way down to snows in southampton as well and they literally returned it in about 5 minutes and said it was beyond repair and to scrap it when it failed the MOT. Its difficult to find a dealership with the expertise/will to fix these issues on these cars now

·
Registered
28 Posts
Too true. Although Jeep/Fiat dealers have the requisite tools, they are reluctant to use them on Chryslers.
Its very difficult. They are focused mainly on selling new and used cars and then the overpriced service plans and repairs associated with that. The first thing they all do when i phone up is create me a customer account and spam email me etc. they have very little interest in doing a one off repair on what they consider and old piece of trash because its not something they can farm more business out of. But when DRM comes into it and they are literally the only place capable of fixing the certain issue its not fair that they ghost people. Doesnt help either that chrysler has changed hands several times and hasnt been sold here for a while

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,810 Posts
DRM? I had to look this up: Digital Rights Management. This is the legal right for manufacturers to make life difficult for consumers trying to do their own repairs. On the one hand, consumers are encouraged to make do and mend to protect the environment and on the other, manufacturers want you to scrap serviceable products so they can sell new ones. Hardly protecting the planet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts