Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 300C 3.0 CRD 2006 with 100k miles.

A month ago "check engine" light came out. At the same day few hours before the car had some twitch during acceleration.

Got to the dealer and they said that the problem is with Exhaust Pressure Sensor, code P0471.

Changed sensor, but the car is twitching more and more every day. Some times getting to the limp mode. Some times feels like the turbo is not working, but the car is not in the limp mode.

Yesterday the "Electronic throttle control" light start flashing, restarted engine and the light turned of.

Any ideas where is the problem?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Possible DPF filter blockage or exhaust blockage or some other restriction do you think ???
The other alternative is the Barometric Pressure Sensor or wiring.

Assuming there is no wiring fault on the Barometric Pressure Sensor (Which does not have a trouble code directly linked to it), or the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Your code is brought up when there is a discrepancy more than a certain amount at low RPM (Non Turbo Conditions) by comparing the Barometric Pressure Sensor and the Exhaust Pressure Sensor.

The above is only my guess, I have no experience of this particular fault, but the principle of comparison of the 2 sensors is correct.

I have had the twitching symptoms though and my fault ended up being the EGR Valve. I eventually got an EGR trouble code though but car had been twitching before, especially on engine warm up at low revs. Fitted a 4.7K resistor rather than remove valve and clean and runs much better. The resistor does bring other trouble codes up though and eventually the Engine Fault Light.
Your problem could I suppose be related to EGR Valve problems?

Jack

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Firstly check the wiring harness has not rubbed through on the air con pipes beside the engine, if thats ok it could be a blocked DPF. One member recently removed his dpf and pressure washed it, refitted and now its fine. I can't find the post to get the code the he had though.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
Firstly check the wiring harness has not rubbed through on the air con pipes beside the engine, if thats ok it could be a blocked DPF. One member recently removed his dpf and pressure washed it, refitted and now its fine. I can't find the post to get the code the he had though.
try this...

great post cormond, when my car went into limp mode with etc light on it was my dpf that was choked solid,car went into limp mode approx 90miles then car just wouldnt pull anymore than 1 mph ,removed dpf and soaked it in wd40 for 3days and power washed dpf as well car running great now.
hi cormond i got 1401,1408 and 1409 codes from my obd11 reader also i used a industrial 500cfm compressor remove dpf and start engine if it runs and revs as normal then it is the dpf,car isnt very loud without exhaust which surprised me,dpf delete on the other hand is around 600quid or a new dpf is over 600quid supply only, i also removed the egr valve as code 1401 relates to this but in the end it was the dpf filter. regards wicam
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing my P1408 code?? I have had the EGR valve out and cleaned it. I have had i plugged into simons car and it works fine.

It seems to come on when the DPF failed and all the CRuD came back up through the exhaust system and was pouring out of the bonnet.

Could it be block up somewhere? Maybe some Carb cleaner down the pipe the EGR sits in?

Thanks

has your dpf been replaced?mine had the same code took off dpf code went away.
regards wicam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!

going tomorrow morning to the repair shop to check wiring.

Let you know what they found.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday I got the car. Repair shop checked wiring, one cable going to sensor is damaged, but working fine (they checked with tester)
In their opinion DPF blocked and need to be replaced.

I'm confused... if I change DPF and the problem won't be solved?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
As long as you havn't influenced his opinion by stuff you have read on the forum he could well be correct.
But in theory you should have got error code P244B up as well because this code is derived by measuring the differential pressure across the DPF and if the DPF is blocking the differential pressure would increase.
I would want to be sure before I paid for a new DPF.
Why not clear out the internals as suggested previously.

Jack

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi to all
to check if is your dpf i would remove it and the rear pipes and clear the codes via your reader then take the car for a run a few miles "it isnt very loud by the way"then see if all is restored because a new dpf is over £600 supply only.
regards wicam

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
hi to all
to check if is your dpf i would remove it and the rear pipes and clear the codes via your reader then take the car for a run a few miles "it isnt very loud by the way"then see if all is restored because a new dpf is over £600 supply only.
regards wicam

Hi Wicam,

I thought the DPF was the first box on the system just after exhaust manifold.
Thought it would be deafening with no system on at all, or have I got it wrong ?

Thought the flow was DPF to Cat to Silencers Jack.

Jack

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Hi Wicam,

I thought the DPF was the first box on the system just after exhaust manifold.
Thought it would be deafening with no system on at all, or have I got it wrong ?

Thought the flow was DPF to Cat to Silencers Jack.

Jack
The cat is a tiny unit built in the downpipe, the first proper box is the DPF.

·
Registered
115 Posts
hi to all

the dpf is located around the centre of the car before it exits to the twin rear boxes
if you google chrysler 300c dpf you will see apic of dpf cost is around £600 supply only, i cleaned mine for free. regards wicam

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
The attached drawing is wrong I assume then.
Item "1" is shown as the DPF ??
Now that has got me confused lol, it looks different to mine from what I can remember seeing lol. I have never removed one to have a look but could have sworn the dpf was the second box on that drawing. I don't suppose anyone has a photo of a 300c's dpf's innards?

Ray is a DPF usually mounted before or after the cat?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Now that has got me confused lol, it looks different to mine from what I can remember seeing lol. I have never removed one to have a look but could have sworn the dpf was the second box on that drawing. I don't suppose anyone has a photo of a 300c's dpf's innards?

Ray is a DPF usually mounted before or after the cat?
Only ones ive seen with cats and PDFs are mercs and 300s could be worse v6 2.2 discovery has 3xPDFs lol. on 300 cat is first

Roy.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
DPF's have 2 steel pipes entering and leaving them,cats don't so it should be easy to spot which one is which....easy really

1 - 20 of 51 Posts