Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum and had a quick question....I was wondering if anyone has bought one of those radios on ebay from china?...They replace the radio in a 300 that didn't have nav and all the features with one that does, and it looks like the stock except with a 5 inch screen. I was thinking this could be a good option instead of spending the same or even more for a nice double din, and then having to replace or paint a new bezel trim piece...Just looking for some advice.....Thanx in advance

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I have seen some people buy these, but I don't know how it turned out for them. I do see the advantage of an easier install, as they fit your bezel nicely. But you are taking a risk on the unit itself - who knows how good the warranty may be, if any. Bezels aren't hard to swap and don't cost too much - $50-$100. You can get a nice double din from a brand name for around that, if not a bit more. Still would need a harness. So to me, a little bit more money gives you something proven and peace of mind. Just my two cents. Good luck - keep us posted on what you decide. If you do go with this, I would like to see how they workout.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked on crutchfield and I can get a nice double din (I looked at a JVC), the harness to make steering wheel controls and factory amp work, plus a metra install kit that includes a remake of the correct bezel, plus antenna extension all for like $400 shipped...Then my buddy was going to hydro dip the bezel and a few other misc. parts all for $125...So for $525 I could have a really nice setup and peace of mind. That is the way im leaning towards, just thought I would ask and see if anyone else had bought and experienced these china radios...They do offer a 12 month warranty, but I think that might be a big hassle....lol

Thanks for your input and I will let you know what I do

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
No prob. And I think you're onto a better decision. Check sonic electronix dot com. When I did my audio build I bought a ton of stuff from them. Great prices. Crutchfield does have a good selection but I've always found them to be overpriced.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Ok... thanx
No prob. :fing02:

Just noticed you're in Union City - yes, I know where that's at! LOL. Basically in ohio, right? Well, season is over, but check out our central Ohio club next spring... Central Ohio Mopar Club - Facebook: Central Ohio LX Club

We take cruises up to a couple hours away - might have something planned in your direction next year. Would love to have another 300 come out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds good... yea Union City is actually divided between Indiana and Ohio...I just purchased a jvc kw-nsx1 and all the harness and kits. .. plus my buddy just dipped a few interior pieces and the radio bezel... I'll post pics

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Went with the carbon fiber look
Nice. Thought you meant plasti-dip... you were talking hydrodip huh? Been wanting to do that... just don't know where to get it done. How much does your buddy charge?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol. .. ya hydrodip....He's real reasonable. .. What do you want done? Let me know what you want done and I'll ask. .. It won't be a fortune. ..I did the radio bezel, the 4 Window trim pieces,the shifter trim and the heated seats. ...I can post pics if you want

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.