Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone
Hope all is well. You will now be able to add backup camera or any video source you want, plug and play to an REC radio. The plug and play device is ONLY for REC radios that have camera input. Please let me know approx how many people are interested so we can order cables.
Thanks Dominic www. TVandNav2Go.com

·
Registered
979 Posts
petty sure i dont have the backup camera input on the back of my radio but I will ask. Are any of these associated with reverse camera ? I am pretty sure one goes to canbus one to sattelite radio box one to am/fm antenna one to gps antenna

·
Registered
776 Posts
can you post up a pic of what the camera input looks like so I know what to look for. mines a VERY late build 06 300CSRT8 if that helps. If I can use one, ill get it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
input

I have a REC unit but there is no options in any of the menus for a back-up camera. If one is added and plugged into the unit, will the menu come up or will it automatically display the camera image when shifted into reverse. I am VERY interested in a back-up camera and any info you can give will be appreciated. BTY. my 300C has a build date of July '06.
:fing02:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
This radio does NOT have the camera port. The next radio I get that has I will post a picture. For those that don't have it you can still send in the radio to be modded. We can still give you 2 video inputs 1 for dvd and 1 for backup camera.

petty sure i dont have the backup camera input on the back of my radio but I will ask. Are any of these associated with reverse camera ? I am pretty sure one goes to canbus one to sattelite radio box one to am/fm antenna one to gps antenna

·
Registered
776 Posts
is there any way of knowing whether the port is there without taking the radio out? maybe in the system info/settings or something?

·
Registered
979 Posts
is there any way of knowing whether the port is there without taking the radio out? maybe in the system info/settings or something?
pretty sure not the canbus recognizes the radio and will tell it what vehicle its in hence the chrysler symbol popping up on the display when you start the car. I am almost positive the only recs with reverse cameras are those that came from grand cherokees, commanders, rams, possibly durangos, i think the aspen was too new for the rec but i could be wrong. none of the cars came stock with the reverse camera.

·
Registered
979 Posts
look at the picture above and read post #7 should have all the info you need. none of the cars come with reverse camera only the trucks and suvs that had the rec.

·
Registered
776 Posts
look at the picture above and read post #7 should have all the info you need. none of the cars come with reverse camera only the trucks and suvs that had the rec.
You are correct, NO 300 came with reverse cameras, however according to the same thread over on LXF, all 2007+ REC units have the reverse camera input in the back, so it *should* be in 07+ (and late build 06) 300s

·
Registered
979 Posts
You are correct, NO 300 came with reverse cameras, however according to the same thread over on LXF, all 2007+ REC units have the reverse camera input in the back, so it *should* be in 07+ (and late build 06) 300s
mmm interesting i wonder what the last two digits on the serial number are then..

·
Registered
89 Posts
what now??

Hi Everyone
Hope all is well. You will now be able to add backup camera or any video source you want, plug and play to an REC radio. The plug and play device is ONLY for REC radios that have camera input. Please let me know approx how many people are interested so we can order cables.
Dominic,
I got around to pulling out the REC unit and found that I do have the video input on the back. (Thanks todd0218 for posting the pic). Can you tell me what would be needed for adding a back-up camera and what an estimated cost would be. Also wonder if this would switch over automatically and then back or would need a switch. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts