Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Are you sure. Cause you know as soon as we ring them it will be fixed immediately and then you miss out on the lime light

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is there any way the school zones can be time based? I had to reload the fixed/mobile poi file and get rid of the school zones. Lots of 40 zones around me and it's annoying as hell lol.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
System is not smart enough for that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Put car on ACC, stick USB in slot. If car likes what is on USB it will ask if you want to upgrade POi. If it doesnt't like it, you will get no files in top left corner of screen.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You won't brick it. They're 'custom' poi's, the system is designed to allow you to add your own. Has nothing to do with the points of interest included in the garmin maps. Have a usb drive with nothing else on it.... path is x:/Garmin/Poi/POI.gpi
Insert usb drive into car.
If you have installed any other custom poi's it will ask you if you want to delete/overwrite them. (if you haven't put any others in I imagine it won't pop up that screen). Press yes and it will install these new ones.
I can't see this having been changed on the '15 model.

Someone has to be first.

You're it.

;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
You won't brick it. They're 'custom' poi's, the system is designed to allow you to add your own. Has nothing to do with the points of interest included in the garmin maps. Have a usb drive with nothing else on it.... path is x:/Garmin/Poi/POI.gpi
If you have installed any other custom poi's it will ask you if you want to delete/overwrite them. (if you haven't put any others in I imagine it won't pop up that screen). Press yes and it will install these new ones.

Someone has to be first.

You're it.

;)
Ok I will take a look tomorrow, thanks. I will post back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I only used the one with cams and mobile cams because it's not time based it was going off like a firecracker around Melbourne lol

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts

Someone has to be first.

You're it.

;)
Nothing happened put them on the stick put it in and it read them but media player said couldn't play files NAV didn't pick it up at all.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
'put them on the stick' What's..... them?

You can only use 1 poi file.

x:/Garmin/Poi/POI.gpi (case matters)

Nothing else on stick. You've extracted the files and selected which one of the three you want to use yes? If it's done correctly the unit will know what to do with it and not tell you it can't play files.

·
Registered
30 Posts
'put them on the stick' What's..... them?

You can only use 1 poi file.

x:/Garmin/Poi/POI.gpi (case matters)

Nothing else on stick. You've extracted the files and selected which one of the three you want to use yes? If it's done correctly the unit will know what to do with it and not tell you it can't play files.
Yep that's what I did, and like i said it didn't pick it up, I didn't change the file name or anything just extracted and dragged the Garmin folder over to empty usb, didn't work what can I say.

I did notice the POI folder in the USB is POI and not Poi.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts