Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
I spent a whole day doing the clay / polish / wax bit.....but I live just about 360 degrees surrounded by fields.......it was covered in dust in 3 hours! .....ooooh the misery!!

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
LOL I'msurrounded by trees and pollen myself. I've been known to leave for work a 4 am so i can wash the car. Gotta have those priorities straight! How the heck you been

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
I have allowed my signora the ditec and am still very happy after 3 years.

since then I have never been more polished, just washed and still looks like freshly polished, no Holograms, realy black mirror and more protection.

pics can you see on my page:

MAGIX | Sox`s World on the left you must go to DiTec for Picture go "Bilder allgemein"

here the link from DiTec:

DITEC Paint Preservation System

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
LOL I'msurrounded by trees and pollen myself. I've been known to leave for work a 4 am so i can wash the car. Gotta have those priorities straight! How the heck you been
good mate, barring insomnia! Send a PM with your news

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sox, those pictures are amazing, the last few look like you have pictures of houses printed on your car, that is very impressive

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Sox,on la signora the discs are rusty on the outer edge which means your brakes aren't working correctly,check them out,the pads aren't fully grabbing the discs,caliper or guide problems amiche,

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
ciao

i have 52`000km on it now and still the same brake discs and pads.

no vibration, and still very good braking power

where you have noticed ?

@ 2008uk300c

grazie, la signora look`s great:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Ask Stef what he uses,he's got OCCC and his car is mint
Well my normal detail involves this..............................

I use a Meguiars bucket with grit guard and Meguiars Gold Class wash, I have a 2nd bucket of clean water and basically dip my wash mitt (again Meguiars) in to the wash solution, wipe a panel at a time with as few a strokes as possible, turning the mitt half way through, then rinse in the clean water and move on to the next panel.

Rinse and dry the car using a silicone squeegee blade (Autoglym), you have to be very careful with these and make sure you never have the slightest bit of grit on the blade!

I then clay bar it using Meguiars clay and a fresh solution of wash solution, constantly dipping the clay in the solution and again doing a panel at a time, regularly folding the clay up and flatten out again, lot's of soapy solution is key here.

I then wash and dry it again.

Next I use Carlack 68 sealant and do the whole car and buff off.

Next step is Collinite 476s wax, again do the whole car and buff off.

I then leave it for an hour or so and finally apply a top seal of Turtle Wax Platinum Gloss Guard. Some of the 'professional' detailers amongst us may laugh at this, but it's a little unknown gem, don't knock it until you've tried it!

Job done!

I hasten to add, I only do this whole process maybe twice a year, in between it's the 2 bucket wash and dry method followed by the Gloss Guard.

Occasionally if I want a quick ultra deep shine then I'll use Zaino Grand Finale, very expensive, but very good!

Stef

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
amazing, I could employ you, but I can't afford you

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
Stef try this also. First go and get some Menzerna then finish with this
Lusso Oro

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
Does what safe? What are you trying to accomplish?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Does what safe? What are you trying to accomplish?
It was a spammer I blasted yesterday Bob. Last post was from 2009...haha.

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
Oh sure missed that

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
The thread necromancer strikes again, singing the I got the long black nail lockdown blues (from the Roofis "Ratpack" Russell album Covid Blues)

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts