Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Rate the Overall Build Quality of Your 300 (not dealer service)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Build Quality of Your 300: This poll is designed to collect your opinion of the overall quality of your Chrysler 300 (any flavour). This is independent of the quality of service you are receiving from a dealer. Do not rate dealer service, only the overall build quality of the car.

To ensure validity, this poll is restricted to owners who have:
  1. Over 3000 miles on their vehicle
  2. Owned at least 4 other new vehicles in the past

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Build Quality of Your 300: This poll is designed to collect your opinion of the overall quality of your Chrysler 300 (any flavour). This is independent of the quality of service you are receiving from a dealer. Do not rate dealer service, only the overall build quality of the car.

Although I've already owned my '300 Touring' for about three months now, I've still only put about 500 miles on the odometer so far, so I guess this leaves me out for the 'time being'. Although all of my driving so far has only been 'in town' driving, I've yet to experience any problems whatsoever with my '300 Touring'.

On a side note: The dealer will install a custom E&G grill tomorrow, and the windows will be tinted next week. :cool:

A 'before' photo is attached...

·
Registered
824 Posts
OOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS!!! Sorry!

Northern Rider said:

Crap Northern! Take one point away from the average pile for my vote. I have 18,500 miles on my ride already. Sorry didn't read the instructions! :eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow Mr. DJ, your car looks great already. Where did you get the "C" rims from? and I like the 300 Touring emblem on the side, very nice!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Taha24 said:
Wow Mr. DJ, your car looks great already. Where did you get the "C" rims from? and I like the 300 Touring emblem on the side, very nice!
Hello and thanks for the compliments. I bought the four 18" (new 'take-off') 300C wheels w/ Continental tires from a tire/wheel dealer in the San Diego, CA area for $899 (shipping included)...a great deal. The '300 Touring' emblems are OEM (just like the one on the rear deck lid) and were purchased from a Mopar OEM parts dealer on eBay for $14.99/ea. I had always felt that the front fender area look somewhat sparse, so I thought that these emblems would make an excellent addition. I'll be sure to post a few more pics with the custom grill and the window tinting within the next few weeks. Thanks again :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sharp

Mr DJ, that looks great, very nice!

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hmmmmm

I'm going to have to give this one some thought!! I'll get back to ya....

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have owned or daily driven dozens of new vehicles. Here's been my experience with my 300C. The overall fit and finish has been excellent. The ergonomics are excellent. Controls, switches, etc. have been well designed and well built. Seats are the best I have ever had in any car. No rattles and squeaks, despite frisky driving and some rough roads. Paint finish is only good but I have sealed it to a high gloss with no issues. The engine, drivetrain, suspension, brakes have exceeded my expectations for a car of the price.

The car has never pulled to the right, although it was crown senstive when new (tight rack and pinion - okay now; no adjustments needed). My parking brake light went on too easily but doesn't do it any more. Once I had all the software updates some minor issues were fixed.

I have had 2 problems - pitting on the lip of the wheels (dealer has promised to replace) and a rear seat back bracket that wouldn't secure (fixed under warranty). That's it.

Based on comparison to the recent Cadillac DeVille; original Olds Aurora; Lincoln LS and Town Car, BMW 5 series, I have to rate the build quality on my 300C (built June, 04) as excellent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I answered the poll based on my first 300C (RWD) in which I logged 10,000. Now in my 300C AWD I'm halfway to the 3k mark, and so far it feels tighter than my orginal.

Northern Rider said:

·
Registered
940 Posts
"Owned at least 4 other new vehicles in the past."

Why this requirement? I think this is too restrictive and prevents many here from participating who would like to, myself included. I don't think having prior ownership of several new vehicles or not would preclude one from making a fair and sound assessment of the 300's build quality.

I say that if we shelled out the 35k-40k...we should be allowed to vote and speak to "our" experience and opinion.

Just my .02.

JFF:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, I'm at 9000 miles. I said below average. Here are the things that have gone wrong thus far:

Right Pull
Increasingly mushy brake pedal
Inoperable left rear window
Memory mirrors that don't return when taken out of reverse
A rattly/squeaky dash
A vibration from the rear speakers
Pitting/corroding wheels
Rain-sensing wipers that don't sense the rain
Automatic headlights that come on in broad daylight
The lower dash wasn't clipped in properly upon delivery
The emergency trunk release handle was INSIDE the trunk liner
It cranks a lot sometimes without starting
The left taillight went dim
There's a "crunch" noise on cold starts
The rearview mirror was loose
And there's probably more than I can remember right now.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Should Women Vote?

JustForFun said:

Why this requirement? I think this is too restrictive and prevents many here from participating who would like to, myself included. I don't think having prior ownership of several new vehicles or not would preclude one from making a fair and sound assessment of the 300's build quality.

I say that if we shelled out the 35k-40k...we should be allowed to vote and speak to "our" experience and opinion.
THink Northern was just trying to incorporate some "experience" into to the voting, and that he picked "4" previous cars somewhat arbitrarily. THe point being, the voting reflects an educated evaluation. The more cars you've owned, the more likely you'll be able to "accurately" assess the 300C.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Redman said:
THink Northern was just trying to incorporate some "experience" into to the voting, and that he picked "4" previous cars somewhat arbitrarily. THe point being, the voting reflects an educated evaluation. The more cars you've owned, the more likely you'll be able to "accurately" assess the 300C.
Hogwash! I don't buy that argument.

Sounds like "eliteism" to me.

JFF:D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well I am an interesting one. I like the car but have had alot of problems. Like the power, looks, stereo, interior room, seats, and image. Do not like the 10 times its been back to the dealer. My big issue was the rough idle lurch thing which (cross my fingers) seems to now be OK after three PCM software upgrades. I also had the right pull and some minor annoyances. Before this I had a 2002 300M Special and a 2000 300M. Many other cars over the years. I have to give the quality somewhat of a thumbs down.

Bob

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
JustForFun said:

Why this requirement? I think this is too restrictive and prevents many here from participating who would like to, myself included.
An Example:

Someone whom previously owned a 1987 Toyota 4-Runner would think the 300c has the best build quality of "any car they've owned."

Another example:

Someone whom has owned cars from over 10 different manufacturers including high end companies like Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus, might say the 300c build quality is "Average."

Its no secret I'm not a firm believer in Chrysler build quality. I rate my car below average. I have had over 5 things that needed to be repaired, replaced or worked on due to Assemblyline build quality. I have other issues that have yet to be resolved due to "being within spec" by the service departments. I had to resolve these issues myself. (Like wedging a plastic building block between my headliner and sunroof cover to stop it from making noise.)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey I forgot about that one. I wedged a piece of foam between the sliding sun roof visor and the headliner to stop my noise.

Bob

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have 3500 miles on my 300C.

I have owned following new cars:
Mercedes Benz SLK320
Mercedes Benz S500
Mercedes Benz E320
Land Rover Range Rover HSE
Jaguar XJ8L
Jaguar XKR Silverstone
among others

I hope this qualifies me for a reply.

I rated that car as Excellent, as far as fit and finish issues are concerned. My prior concerns over rough idle and some mechanicals concerns still don't change the rating of "excellent" as I feel the car had been put together extremely well. Who knows, may be a few more miles and I will change my mind.. but so far so good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
New cars:

1994 Z28
1995 Blazer
2000 Sebring Convert
2001 300M

3500 miles so far and no problems except the roof popping noise, if that's a problem. Do think the 300M's leather was of better quality - had the perforations in the seating area.

Gave my 300C and excellent :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have only 800 miles on my 300C so my opinion is not yet meaningful, but I have a 2004 Pacifica with over 12,000 miles that has yet to be back for any warranty service. Just oil and filter changes. I don't even have any pits in the wheels. :)

(knocks on wood)

I traded a 2000 Concorde for the C, with about 40,000 miles on it when traded. Just two warranty repairs in five years - the passenger side power seat wouldn't move and the driver's side door lock failed. Both fixed in a jiff.

I also owned a 1985 Chrysler Laser back in the day. For what it's worth, Chrysler has yet to let me down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts