Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Is the TSB trans flash better or worse than the original programming?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is identical to one being done at Charger Forums. So as not to appear as plagerizing, Bill (GLHS837) is aware of this poll. He has also asked someone to conduct this at lxforums. This will give broader exposure to the simple question, Is the TCM TSB Good or Bad?

"Only vote if you actually have it, or have driven a car with it, preferrably a owned car, NOT an 07 on a test drive. Heresay is NOT admissible. Votes are public, folks will know how you voted." ~GLHS837

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea Rambit. I’ve not seen anyone post yet that didn’t like it. The results will be interesting! Good job! :fing02:
You're right danno. I've been following RS's TCM Flash post all over and that seems to be the overwhelming majority's impression. You already know my plan what I'm going to do in the spring.

Rambit

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Is this for SRT8s only... since the TCM flash appears applicable (if you can get your dealer to apply a warranty provision) to the 5.7L as well as 3.5L vehicles?

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this for SRT8s only... since the TCM flash appears applicable (if you can get your dealer to apply a warranty provision) to the 5.7L as well as 3.5L vehicles?
Yes Tim. This is the TSB to correct the 1-2 shift hesitation the SRT8's have. 5.7's & 3.5's are free to comment, but shouldn't vote on this.

EDIT: 2007 SRT's shouldn't vote either.

Rambit

·
Registered
449 Posts
About a month ago I had my 05 5.7 reflashed under warranty. Car now acts like I have 50 more HP & torque.

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see this poll over at Charger Forums has 14 Good's and 0 Bad's. Lets get more feedback in here.

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a bump for the night peeps.

Rambit

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for adding this vote rambit, I'm on the fence until I hear some overwhelming good reports.
I personally have only seen one negative at lxforums, and he's getting beat up for it just for his opinion. At Charger, presently it's 17 - zip for better. I can't vote either as I'm on the same fence.

Rambit

·
Registered
522 Posts
I see this poll over at Charger Forums has 14 Good's and 0 Bad's. Lets get more feedback in here.

Rambit

well.. i just got the flash today (Thursday).. My car was at the dealer for other stuff as well but the flash to the TCM was also done. I noticed a change in the car as soon as i left the dealer. Now we got alot of rain today and tonight.. so a true test wasnt done.. my car is an early '06 build. so i think it had alot of the calibrations that the '05 had.. i love my car.. but the tranny performance really pissed me off. it felt a world better on the ride home.. the true WOT test and slap-stick test will be in the morning.. my response by mid-morning after i drop the kid off to school..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I second Jaak's "way better".

When I first got my SRT home, I felt a little stupid -- like I somehow didn't know how to drive it without making it do all sorts of boggy things. Now, I feel cool again. Birds are singing on my shoulder. Dogs wag their tails as I walk by, babies and grannies smile at me. And the chicks? They dig me. Oh yea. Way better.

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A morning bump!

Rambit

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
don't wanna

I actually went to my dealer and drove a new 07.

Since my car was new I have only rarely experienced the dreaded 1-2 shift lag. So my complaints are few in the trans dept.

I for one do not like losing my ability to bounce off the limiter when rat racing around. No updates for me.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
This poll is identical to one being done at Charger Forums. So as not to appear as plagerizing, Bill (GLHS837) is aware of this poll. He has also asked someone to conduct this at lxforums. This will give broader exposure to the simple question, Is the TCM TSB Good or Bad?

"Only vote if you actually have it, or have driven a car with it, preferrably a owned car, NOT an 07 on a test drive. Heresay is NOT admissible. Votes are public, folks will know how you voted." ~GLHS837

Rambit
Steve? I said this beacause a test drive car might not really represent how it feels in an 06 with the flash. It might, but we cant really say.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
How are you folks that have had it done presenting this to your service departments? Are you just telling them that you want the tsb performed or are you playing dumb and asking them to look at the symptoms and then perhaps using gentle persuasion to guide them towards the tsb if they don't seem helpful?

I asked this question at the last SRT chat session and it went unanswered. I don't like playing know-it-all and showing up with TSBs in hand.

Thanks,

Dan

1 - 20 of 75 Posts