Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Why did you decide to go with the 300?

• Visual Styling

Votes: 76 79.2%
  • Engine specs

Votes: 67 69.8%
  • Interior options (i.e. seats, trim, stereo, etc)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • Warranty

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Price

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • I'm a loyal Chrysler customer

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 13 13.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've heard a wide range of reasons why we decided to go with the 300. I thought that a poll would be a good opportunity to see why everyone else decided to get one. Hopefully I hit the major features with this, as I cannot edit poll options after they are set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Liked its looks and the power of the 5.7 and the low price

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Come on gang! Admit it and vote price! That is what we all love about this car...bang for the buck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
fatchance said:
"Bang for the buck"
I 2nd that !!

Price is #1, Engine #2, Style #3... The warranty is not the best but is still average for the class. And I am not very loyal to anyone but my ego and wallet!!!!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Equally, price, engine style. I looked at the TL, G35 et.al. and Never would consider a Chrysler. I think the brash American style sprinkled with a hefty helping of wienerschnitzle and bratwurst no doubt played a major role in making this car what it is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Style, price, HEMI. Never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever own a Chrysler
("Old guy car"). Owned one maybe two weeks after I noticed it - had not paid attention to the car world for several years, but am a former car nut and street rodder. Was passed the other day by a Lincoln and the guy was frantically blowing his horn and giving the thumbs up - took me a minute to figure out why as I'm not used to driving anything that gets attention. My wife likes the car too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a Buick Park Avenue Ultra with all the extras. 240 hp, 30 mpg on interstate. Required premium fuel, didn't like that but otherwise was a great "old geezer" automobile. Also had a Volkswagen new beetle that we used in advertising in our business. I usually drive a GMC company truck unless wife is along. I watched 300C from concept to actual production. Gave up some features to get C and gained some. I like the style and the advertised economy for a big V-8. I like a big car like the Buick but the Buick styling is old and has changed very little since 1997. I would have paid more for the C if someone else had built it. Still concerned about quality issues but time will tell. Sticker price on C is less than on the Park Avenue that I previously owned. The C is one car that my wife and I both agree on. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Hopefully with the C, both of us will be happy. Build date August 19. Delivery date still not known.

·
Registered
901 Posts
1st Visual Styling ( fell in love with the 300C at Chicago's Auto Show 2004 had to have her every since. 2nd (true decision is PRICE) 3rd Engine but hubby would probably make that 2nd if not 1st :).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stlye lures you in, and then when you see what you get for the price it's a done deal. I tracked this car for a year just because it looked good and then when I first sat in one it became clear to me that this car was more than just a looker....it had brains too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The price of the C was just so much gravy for me. The clincher of the deal. I would have paid more for the C. I would not pay extra for a dealer mark-up, however. I will not play that game. Styling, the 5.7 powerplant and interior did it for me. Wished the interior had more wood like the 300M. I may go for an after market wood dash.

Buy the 300C now boys and girls. I have heard that the price of the '06 300C is going up. Chrysler has determined that they underpriced the '05 300C.
The base price has gone up at least once since the original launch date. I could have gotten mine for less $$. I ordered mine on 7/10, and as I type this my C is on the road enroute from Chrysler assembly plant.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
It took me a couple of days to come up with an answer.
Decided it was the V8 engine/speed.

I also like the size. I like big fast sedans.
The V6's - Acura TL, Infiniti G35, Cadillac CTS, Nissan Maxima all felt smaller and less roomy than the C. And the C's acceleration just couldn't be beat.
It was a no brainer decision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts