Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gunning to 60 mph in just 5.6 sec. (The Pontiac's numbers are well off the 5.3-sec runs we recorded with another test car-same track, same driver-in our April issue; stay tuned to motortrend.com for updates as we investigate this anomaly

Appears that Pontiac may have sent a non production model to the car mags in order to acvheive the initial buzz for their 0-60 time

2009 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV vs. 2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Results - Comparison Test - Motor Trend

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seen a black g8 gt in person and i must say it drew my attention. i need to see how it looks on the road though. So far though, its a sexy car imo.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
jane

plain jane IMO, not the look I want. Very interesting, especially since Pontiac sent a "ringer" to Car and Driver back in the sixties!

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Rags are always low.

The 5.7's are claimed in some rags to be 5.9 and plenty of members have gotten 5.3's.

The SRT8's are claimed as "Low 5's" when everyone in decent, not even perfect conditions can get 4.7 or even lower.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't think Motor Trend quite grasps the notion of the 60' in drag racing. 0-60mph variations in a same model car mean nothing.

If they talk trap speeds, I'll pay attention

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
so...

I don't think Motor Trend quite grasps the notion of the 60' in drag racing. 0-60mph variations in a same model car mean nothing.
If they talk trap speeds, I'll pay attention
Since we're talking traps, how about the new C&D with the GTR falling 9 mph in the quarter! Absolutely proves that the platform needs better controller logic. And Nissan claims "tamper proof".

·
Registered
780 Posts
Since we're talking traps, how about the new C&D with the GTR falling 9 mph in the quarter! Absolutely proves that the platform needs better controller logic. And Nissan claims "tamper proof".
It DROPPED 9mph? See, I wrote to them and TOLD them they had a Spec-V motor model. They did say it was a pre-production mule. Probably the same car that did so well at the 'Ring.

Nissan tried to pull a fast one. Not having it.

Back to the topic at hand - G8s are pulling high 13s regularly, I've heard.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
gee-ate

The G8 is aperformance bargain, and that LS derivative V-8 will be cheap to mod.

They are trapping a little over a hundred, 104 in the last test I read.

I just can't get excited about the bland sides and rear view. They just don't do it for me.

Let's just wait until the G8 GXP hits the streets and see how it stacks up!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
The front end of the G8 is very good looking IMO.
However, the a** end of this car looks like the afterthought of an afterthought. And the side profile reveals that it looks predominantly like most other sedans on the road.
When I'm driving on the highway in the evening with my car's shadow directly out the driver window I like the fact that the 300's profile looks a hell of a lot different than pretty much everything else on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts