Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone....just wondering if anyone else was experiencing poor AM radio reception. Seemed fine when I first picked up the car but now is horrible. I can park the 300c right next to my other cars, they get good reception and the C gets nothing but static. I had the windows tinted shortly after getting the car...could the tint be affecting it since the antenna is in the rear window? :confused:

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I think you answered your own question. I've seen other reports of having the same problem after tinting. Do you know if the tint used is a metal film?

I'm going to be doing this in the next week or two and am worried about the exact same issue.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's the tint, probably metalic based. Any good tint guy should know about the issue. Mine actually told me about it and said that he would recommend using a non-metalic based tint especially if I used the AM radio. I paid a little extra for it but my radio reception is fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
smitty said:
my am signal was poor before and after the tint..
The rear window AM portion of the antenna may be damaged, i.e., a piece scraped off. Also, that portion of the antenna may be not connected properly, not tight enough. A visit to the dealer should solve the problem.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've got two examples of Solar Gard Metallized Tint on the rear windows of a 300M and now a 300C that got great AM reception the day before and little to no reception immediately after the tint was installed. AM sucks anyways, so it doesn't matter much to me, but if it does to you, get DYED Film vs Metallized. Keep in mind, the Metallized has a thin layer of Stainless Steel that gives the tint it's color and is warrantied generally for life against fading. The Dyed film will fade eventually 5+ years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts