Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me some insight on what's going on with my car? Bc I would like to get it fixed before it causes something else to break. My car seems to be making a popping sound. It sounds like it's coming from the front end but not for sure and it happens when I'm going over any type of bumpy terrain or when I'm turning the steering wheel. And the steering wheel will also squeak a little when being turned on a specific direction

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
When did you last have the suspension refurbished? It's a weak point on the Gen1 cars and could well indicate ball joints or bushes that are past their best

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,160 Posts
Can someone give me some insight on what's going on with my car? Bc I would like to get it fixed before it causes something else to break. My car seems to be making a popping sound. It sounds like it's coming from the front end but not for sure and it happens when I'm going over any type of bumpy terrain or when I'm turning the steering wheel. And the steering wheel will also squeak a little when being turned on a specific direction
Hello RyanAnn,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you could please provide your vehicles make, model and year we can try to assist you from our end.
Laura
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
145 Posts
The steering wheel squeak is probably either the boot covering the universal joint at the firewall or the joint itself (my 2006 did it for years!). Stealership wanted to replace joint $$. Lubing the boot didn't help. YMMV. Was quieter in warm weather. Just lived with it. As for the popping, DGO's probably right: ball joints or bushings. Also tie-rod ends. Scary story: drove home from the mountains with a small clunk when turning the wheel. Turned out to be missing clamp on tie-rod end which let one half of the split body break off. Literally hanging on by a few threads.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you lived near me I could check it... My 300 only needed a front lower control arm so far. Easy to repair these front ends too. You should only use parts that have grease fittings to make them last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts