Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my stock 2006 CSRT in the quarter at 13.5. I took the resonators off and replaced with 3'' tailpipes and ran a 13.8. Same operating tempatures and both runs in the low 40 degree nights. Should I put them back on or would a predator work better without the resonators? What do I need to run high 12's?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I ran my stock 2006 CSRT in the quarter at 13.5. I took the resonators off and replaced with 3'' tailpipes and ran a 13.8. Same operating tempatures and both runs in the low 40 degree nights. Should I put them back on or would a predator work better without the resonators? What do I need to run high 12's?

guys with the same mods i have have been in the upper 12's.
not saying you could because there are a lot of factors involved here.

but to respond, i would say start with your intake, Diablo, 185 tstat, and keep the resonators off, they shouldnt be hurting you any.

check psi on the tires, maybe put em a little lower, work on your launch.

just takes a bit of practice i bet. throw some 100 octane in there and that should help even more. you may have some bad gas in ya. that will hurt you a lot.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it did hurt you. I deleted the suitcase (center muffler) on mine a while back. I dyno'd at the shop next door to the muffler shop and made 380 rwhp. Deleted the suitcase and re-dyno'd 30 minutes later and made 360 rwhp. The guy running the dyno was even shocked and re ran it over 10 times trying everything from cooling, pulling fuse 11, driving it and so.

The exhaust is tuned. Don't mess with it unless you're buying a full system that is also tuned.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
did you take off the resonators or the suitcase muffler?

taking off the muffler WOULD hurt, taking off the resonators would NOT

now if i am wrong let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts