Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In one of the threads, an observer of the forum had decided not to buy a 300C due to the many posts about problems with the car. I think it would be interesting to see how many current owners have not had to take the car back to the dealer for a serious problem. Post a message if you fall in this category. I would say "zero problems", but let's be realistic, these cars are the first to roll off the assembly line.

I'll be number one. Thought my car had an idling issue but turned out (according to other posters) they all fluctuate in idle speed at crankup.
My car does not pull to the right at all, straight down the road, hands off the wheel. It was built May 4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just crossed 1000 miles, and things are great.

No annoying rattles, no hiccups in the starting system, no system shutoffs, no pulling to the right, etc. Not yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No worries & no problems at 600+ miles........ except one........ I don't get to drive it enough :-D

I really like my dealer too... It feels like I'm visiting a friend, My 300c was the first with the NAV system and the salesman and I sat down and learned the system together. He was really happy that he could go back in and "school" the prep guys in the back. They even have a "sound proof" area for the kids with video's. The kids are 2 and 3 .... this means alot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
No "real" problems but a little pulling to the right. It was built in March so i expected it when I purchased it (I even commented on it during my test drive). But there was NO WAY that was going to prevent me from purchasing it. Especially considering it was going to be fixed by the dealership and I would be given another 300c for the day :D

If someone chooses not to purchase a 300c then thats their loss. Whatever keeps production down, right!?!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good feedback guys. My Demo has been just fine no worries. Mighty max good to hear about your dealer. Sometimes the dealer makes the difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
redwinger, you are right, the dealer can make all the differance. I can't believe that Chrysler or the dealer let the situation in other post herein get so out of control, especially in this day and age with the internet. An unhappy customer can reach the masses instantaneously.

·
Registered
96 Posts
One can definately hear/feel the sub (in fact it is in my opinion the best factory sub I have come across and would not swap for aftermarket). Click the the tuning button and make sure that the bass is not at zero.

Other than a slight lighting problem it has been nothing but smooth sailing for me. And even that was done and over with rather quickly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i picked up my C on May 4th, and i can say that ive had nothing but good times with this beast... i do admit however, a slight pull to the right as among most of you... mine personally isnt to bad at all, however the only time i feel more of a distinct pull is when i open it up... another thing people commented on is a noise when switching to reverse or to drive, its been noticeable only on two occasions and i dont expect it to happen anymore but i do know exactly what u mean, and im gonna have them look at it. im about rounding out 2k miles, and expect to get an oil change at my next convience, which could easy stretch to 2.5k and knowing this ive got to start now :) i dont think im going to go synthetic just yet, but well see how the threads go...

does anyone have good pics of 20" wheels on a C besides the one i found in the thread about '20s'?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Happy!

NO problems here. Issue with programming the remote to memory system, however close to resolving it. Dealer has been 5 star as well.
I agree, most people tend to dwell on the negative and do not go out of there way to say anything positive. Great thread.

Bob :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
NO problems here either other than some drifting right PRIOR to delivery.

This was corrected by front realignment (R and L camber were off about 1 and 2 degrees). I will never again feel obligated to take delivery of a half-baked Chrysler. Been there, done that on the 3 previous ones which took almost another year each to have the dealer screw it together properly when the factory apparently could not.

But then, I will NEVER again order cars to be built and wait forever any more for a pig-in-a-poke. Used to do that, tore my hair out, and raised my blood pressure unnecessarily.

Now, I simply search on the net for the car I want within a reasonable distance, go there, inspect it carefully, drive it, and if I like it, buy it. Still got $2500 off this one. I did not finance this car, but that should not be a problem anyway. In this case, it is exactly what I wanted but had to take Sirius and the smoker's kit, but negotiated them out of the price. Otherwise, the car is perfect in all respects. Best screwed together Chrysler I have ever seen.

And I now really enjoy Sirius, especially since the first year's subscription is "free."

Notice below when my car was BUILT (sticker info) and DELIVERED (it arrived the day before at the dealer). NOT EVEN TWO WEEKS. Dunno how that was done and don't care, but obviously Chrysler can do it pretty quickly if they wish. Or mebbe they switched door stickers?? :^))

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, I hate to jinx myself as I have some of the most rotten luck(diagnosed with leukemia last Thursday), but my C has but one problem. When it gets hot out, and it has been sitting in the sun all day, the dial for the volume on the stereo won't work. Seems that the heat expands the hole on the dial just enough to make it not catch on the metal shaft. Once it cools down enough inside, it works fine. No mechanical problems to speak of yet at just 800 miles. :cool:
I have to say that Sirius is mucho coolio. I have not listened to local radio since I had it set up around May7th. :cool:
Regarding the sub, it is the best factory one I've heard, it's no where near like the system I installed in my truck, but for stock, it is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 300C now has ~3000 miles on it. Absolutely no problems to date. No pulling to the right. Car built in early April.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my car has an early build date and I haven't had any problems. This car is the best car out there for the money. Your not going to find a car with the styling, Hemi engine, and all of the luxury options for under 40,000.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts