Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to whether any of the cars built after the crucial date (April 24th I think) have the pull to the right problem. I'll bet a lot of potential buyers are reading the forums and are scared to death of getting a "drifter".
Post here if your car was built after that date, and tell us if your car has any serious drifting problem.

My car:

Built May 4th - no tendency to drift whatsoever.

·
Registered
588 Posts
SilverHemi said:
I'm curious as to whether any of the cars built after the crucial date (April 24th I think) have the pull to the right problem. I'll bet a lot of potential buyers are reading the forums and are scared to death of getting a "drifter".
Post here if your car was built after that date, and tell us if your car has any serious drifting problem.
My car:Built May 4th - no tendency to drift whatsoever.
It's April 29th, I believe. Mine, built 4/15/04, 1200 hours, had a very slight drift when I first drove it. Insisted on dealer correcting before delivery that day. He did and it's fine. The front alignment was off 1 and 2 degrees in camber on left and right front wheels, respectively. It did not require any cradle shifting nor the new cradle bolt.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Mine was built 6/1 and follows the crown left or right only with hands off driving, just like my X5 I might add. It does not require any steering correction to go straight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question for LOTHP

LOTHP-

Does your car pull to the right when the road crowns left - is it that strong
of a pull? Thanks,

Silverhemi

·
Registered
631 Posts
Mine was built 5/27 follows the crown of the road (both left and right). Very slight drift but I currently believe its due to crown sensitivity. I'm trying to find a perfectly flat road to test on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
I'm trying to find a perfectly flat road to test on.
A large parking lot is your best bet.... But, even there you might find a slant to help water Drainage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK- so we have about ten cars represented here so far and of those, only one has a serious pull to the right. And it was built only two days after the April 29th cutoff.
And, some of the cars with no drift were built before that date.
So far, this doesn't seem like a widespread epidemic. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Silverhemi

·
Registered
33 Posts
05/25 no pull, but only 325 miles so far

·
Registered
203 Posts
5/8 no pulling and almost 5000 miles car is great i had a few minor things but was fixed right away

1 - 20 of 20 Posts