Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A day or two ago [now 5 or 6 days] I posted [in a previously established thread] that I have been unable to view images on my laptop that I have posted within the body of messages using Tinypics. I can access the same messages via my wife's PC and view my pictures just fine. And I can tell others are able to view my pictures because some have subsequently made comments on the pictures.

I have noticed this issue for several months and have been unable to solve it from my end. Now that others seem to be having similar issues, perhaps mine can be recognized and solved too?

A heartfelt 'THANK YOU' to whomever finds the fix!

·
Administrator
686 Posts
A day or two ago [now 5 or 6 days] I posted [in a previously established thread] that I have been unable to view images on my laptop that I have posted within the body of messages using Tinypics. I can access the same messages via my wife's PC and view my pictures just fine. And I can tell others are able to view my pictures because some have subsequently made comments on the pictures.

I have noticed this issue for several months and have been unable to solve it from my end. Now that others seem to be having similar issues, perhaps mine can be recognized and solved too?

A heartfelt 'THANK YOU' to whomever finds the fix!
Hello there,

We have recently moved the site to HTTPS.
The images that are attached to the forum from a non-secured (HTTP) site will not show up here.
The example would be Tinypic, if you go into their site, they are on a non-secured.
Images on Imgur or flickr should appear here since their platform is on HTTPS.
Hope this isn't too confusing. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ed

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
Hi, Ed.

Thanks for the information. What about Photobucket?

I've posted some below and I can see them but does the change prevent others from seeing photos linked here from Photobucket?

-Michael

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello there,

We have recently moved the site to HTTPS.
The images that are attached to the forum from a non-secured (HTTP) site will not show up here.
The example would be Tinypic, if you go into their site, they are on a non-secured.
Images on Imgur or flickr should appear here since their platform is on HTTPS.
Hope this isn't too confusing. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ed
Hi Ed,
Thanks for the reply, but........... how does that explain other forum members being able to view my Tinypic pictures, along with myself on my wife's wired PC located not 10 feet from my wireless laptop?

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Hi, Ed.

Thanks for the information. What about Photobucket?

I've posted some below and I can see them but does the change prevent others from seeing photos linked here from Photobucket?

-Michael

As long as the hosting site you're using is HTTPS, everyone should be able to see them.

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the reply, but........... how does that explain other forum members being able to view my Tinypic pictures, along with myself on my wife's wired PC located not 10 feet from my wireless laptop?
That depends on the browser you're using.

Tinypics is not an HTTPS site, so its blocked by Chrome, FF, and IE (Unless you click the allow mixed content button). If your other laptop cannot see them, I would assume its browser related.

If you want to share images, use a HTTPS hosting site, or upload directly using the attachment manager in the post replies.

JB

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but when I joined I could see all inserted pics and attached pic thumbnails within the threads. Then at some point, many wouldn't show and it was suggested to install the photobucket extension for Chrome and seemed to fix it. Just recently, I'm now not seeing the thumbnails for attached images (though the bold text Attached Images is there and not 100%) and I can still see the photobucket images inline in the threads.

·
19,565 Posts
It may be an issue with the browser you are using.

The AutoGuide technical team provided some insight here in this thread in post 5 regarding the browser issue and compatibility with site software.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
It may be an issue with the browser you are using.

The AutoGuide technical team provided some insight here in this thread in post 5 regarding the browser issue and compatibility with site software.
Thanks I didn't the second part of their response. Even googling it, I couldn't find a "button" for showing mixed content in latest version of Chrome. Since IE isn't an option, I"ll just hope for a fix with the hosting sites.

·
19,565 Posts
I'm using Chrome with Win10 and have no problem seeing pics from photo hosting sites.

What I am having problems with are attached files only where there is no associated URL with the image.

Did you find and try the allow mixed content button?

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I'm using Chrome with Win10 and have no problem seeing pics from photo hosting sites.

What I am having problems with are attached files only where there is no associated URL with the image.

Did you find and try the allow mixed content button?
Same here with browser and OS. A search came up with "Click the shield icon in the far right of the address bar.
In the pop-up window, click Load anyway or Load unsafe script (depending on your Chrome version)."

But there's no icon other than for bookmarking the site.

It's not 100% for me either, some posts have attached images and I see thumbnails and clicking them opens the bigger image. But some posts have the attached images text but nothing there to click on. These can all be in the same thread.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Same here with browser and OS. A search came up with "Click the shield icon in the far right of the address bar.
In the pop-up window, click Load anyway or Load unsafe script (depending on your Chrome version)."

But there's no icon other than for bookmarking the site.

It's not 100% for me either, some posts have attached images and I see thumbnails and clicking them opens the bigger image. But some posts have the attached images text but nothing there to click on. These can all be in the same thread.
Hey there,

If you're on Chrome, give this a try:

1. In an open Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+Q on your keyboard to force close Chrome. Chrome must be fully closed before the next steps.
2. Right-click the Google Chrome desktop icon (or Start Menu link).
3. Select Properties.
4. At the end of the existing information in the Target field, add: " --allow-running-insecure-content" (There is a space before the first dash.)
5. Click OK.
6. Open Chrome and try to launch the content that was blocked earlier. It should work now.

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Hey there,

If you're on Chrome, give this a try:

1. In an open Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+Q on your keyboard to force close Chrome. Chrome must be fully closed before the next steps.
2. Right-click the Google Chrome desktop icon (or Start Menu link).
3. Select Properties.
4. At the end of the existing information in the Target field, add: " --allow-running-insecure-content" (There is a space before the first dash.)
5. Click OK.
6. Open Chrome and try to launch the content that was blocked earlier. It should work now.

Ed
Yeah I tried that before and after updating Chrome. Didn't make a difference. It's weird that some attached images show the thumbnails.

·
19,565 Posts
OK. So mine shows up, at least on my screen, and it is below the size limit.

Now I will try an attachment that is over the size limit.

Upload failed. Message received as follows:

20170629_061759.jpg:
Your file of 2.52 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this filetype.

File easily loads from photo hosting site (Photobucket)

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Phew, mine still working on photobucket, comes with a watermark though.

·
Registered
458 Posts
A lot of images in posts are unviewable by me, but I can see some.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Sent up that image showing as a link to tech. They'll look into it.

As for Photobucket, they have changed their policy where they are releasing all previously uploaded images to your account with a watermmark, but adding/sharing new images would require a payment.

However, they may have recently/in future change the policy.

-JB

1 - 20 of 48 Posts