Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I’m seriously considering a 300c at the moment but I have a few questions

1, I notice the local model doesn’t have navigation, I’m happy to buy a stock navi unit out of the us and ship it. And I would go as far as to assume that if there is a current aussie Chrysler or Jeep has factory navigation then the disk would work in a modified 300c. But do any local Jeeps or Chryslers have factory navi, alternatively is there any other tricks to get a factory looking navi system?

2, I saw on Tv that Universal Air make an airbag kit for the 300c, does anyone have one, and if so how does it handle? If not how much would you guys recommend lowering the car before it becomes annoying and are there any local manufacturers who have kits to do this?

3, how much room is there in the back seat, I’m a 6’4” guy and will occasionally be sitting in the back seat, will I fit?

4, how movable are Chrysler on the price of these things? Is it possible to negotiate a bargain?

5, what size rims would you guys recommend, I’m thinking 22” is this too big? Or does the car look better with even bigger rims?

6, is the AWD model available here?

7, what is the sound system like, if its crap then is it possible to upgrade it without making it look custom?

8, does anyone know how far away and how the pricing is going to be on the SRT8, its it going to be worth the cash over the standard hemi?

9, are there any stupid design flaws with the car and how is the quality of the interior plastics after a year or so

sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure it’s the right thing for me before I go and waste a salesman’s time

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
rolin7 said:
Hey guys

1, I notice the local model doesn’t have navigation, I’m happy to buy a stock navi unit out of the us and ship it. And I would go as far as to assume that if there is a current aussie Chrysler or Jeep has factory navigation then the disk would work in a modified 300c. But do any local Jeeps or Chryslers have factory navi, alternatively is there any other tricks to get a factory looking navi system?

2, I saw on Tv that Universal Air make an airbag kit for the 300c, does anyone have one, and if so how does it handle? If not how much would you guys recommend lowering the car before it becomes annoying and are there any local manufacturers who have kits to do this?

3, how much room is there in the back seat, I’m a 6’4” guy and will occasionally be sitting in the back seat, will I fit?

4, how movable are Chrysler on the price of these things? Is it possible to negotiate a bargain?

5, what size rims would you guys recommend, I’m thinking 22” is this too big? Or does the car look better with even bigger rims?

7, what is the sound system like, if its crap then is it possible to upgrade it without making it look custom?

8, does anyone know how far away and how the pricing is going to be on the SRT8, its it going to be worth the cash over the standard hemi?

9, are there any stupid design flaws with the car and how is the quality of the interior plastics after a year or so

sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure it’s the right thing for me before I go and waste a salesman’s time
Welcome rolin7. I'll try and get you started on some of your questions.

Check out the other thread "Aussie: Post your mods....." for some background on the Sav Nav.

There is another Aussie who has committed to bagging his 300C, price was circa $6.5k. Not sure which thread but look around and of course use the search feature.

Rear seat leg room is okay, similar to a Commodore or Falcon but nowhere near as much as a Statesman. There is a VHA (upmarket taxi) using a 300C here in Melbourne and they only use Statesmans, Fairlanes, Mercs & BMWs. Best advise is to check out a 300C in person.

Umm, pricing. Good luck getting a cent off a 300C. the waiting list is out to May/June for new orders.

Heaps of North American 300C with 22" and bigger. Just be very very careful of potholes and destroyed rims. Look around the forum and do some searches once again.

No AWD for OZ planned.

300C HEMI sound system is outstanding. Premium Boston Acoustics 380 watt with sub.

SRT8, first batch should be delivered to owners early May and are all probably presold. 300C HEMI with sunroof RRP drive away in Victoria $69,300. Expect the SRT8 to be circa high $80k. It is worth it? Personal decision but 318 Kw, Brembos, 20" wheels, and other goodies sounds good to me.

No flaws as such. HEMI 57 has a little too soft ride (especially in the rear) for me. That is about it.

They are outstanding cars with price, performance, features, style, build quality, excellent NVH, reasonable economy, etc, etc.

Take a long hard look at one and make upyour own mind.

Hey and where are you located??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hemi57

Thanks heaps for your help

for your interest here is the thread on my forum about this car, no one actually owns one but i guess its good to see what others think
http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67200408

universal air are quoting 2200USD for a total airbag kit, this isn’t that much and I can get the things put in here easy enough.

Do you know if any local jeep or Chrysler products have factory navigation, I find it hard to believe they would change too much for our local market so if it works on a jeep im willing to bet it works on a 300c

http://simon.firesport.com/dec/4.JPG

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeh theres a guy in sydney who does air systems and i think he makes them himself, he also gets them dot approved and will pass the pits( at least in nsw) , not sure if you know them but its http://www.tubularsuspensionsystems.com/
the site says a lot about other air systems, im thinking about it myself but i think i will wait to see someone else who has a 300c with it

·
Registered
292 Posts
Things may have changed a little now but when I purchased mine the dealer dropped over $2000 off the price with very little prompting from me. Just put the hard word on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
rolin7, no worries, glad to be of assistance.

Wow, Audi A8. My wife has the TT and I am very impressed with Audis but the models I like are all way too high priced for me.

Bummer on the 2 year sentence.

Not 100% sure on the Sat Nav situation but whatever the problem is for Chrysler Jeep it is major as the were working through the whole of 2005 to try and get it remedied for the 300C launch and still no resolution. Not sure like I said if it is technical or Licensing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re price I suspect that if you want a standard hemi 300c you will be able to get it on-road for about 66000 with sunroof, but i dont think they'll go much lower due to demand. Initially they weren't willing to move a cent but i think they might budge a bit now, if they dont go for 66000 try 66500. But at that price if the dealership overbook the car guess who will be the one who misses out and has to wait another month? That's why i signed for the srt8 at RRP, cause i knew they had sold more than they were getting and i didn't want to haggle a deal only to see me overlooked when the allocations were being decided. Ummm who should we give this silver one too dom haggled us for a grand but joe bloggs signed for rrp, yeah we'll make dom wait give it to joe.

As for the car, if you like the styling then go drive one, it will do nothing to dampen your enthusiasm they are just superb units. Is the srt8 worth the extra? I reckon yes, if you are in a position to afford the extra then go for it, big power increase and better interior and exterior styling, all up i am expecting an awesome package. But if it's a stretch to go to $85k then the 5.7hemi is definitely more than satisfactory. At worst you can get the 5.7, put the 20in wheels on it (i dont like anything bigger but you might...), tint the windows, dump it on it's arse and you're left with a dead set kick arse automobile. Either way you cannot lose.

·
Registered
246 Posts
rolin7 said:
Hey guys

Hi Rolin7, welcome aboard

I have put 22" two piece billets on my 300c and lowered it with the eibach 1.6" springs. It rides awesome and is not too stiff. I was considering airbags but have now decided against them, this is my everyday daily driver and didn't see the need for airbags at the end of the day.

I'm more than happy with the car, have just clocked over 4000km's and not a single problem :01:

I say.. DO IT.. just go and test drive one and you will be hooked. There not that expensive, mine came to $68k with sunroof and on road.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
After some tooing and froing I eventually got mine for $64500. Its amazing what you can achieve if you're persistant

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hey rolin7,
Welcome aboard mate! This forum is the most helpful resource you will come across regading these cars. I'm taking delivery of my car in April (Black with a sunroof), and this site has helped me so much in making my decision to purchase this car. Hey, i work for Mazda and get a free Mazda6 Luxury Sport as my company car but i have still gone out and spent my hard earned on one of these cars!:naughty: If that's not reason enough for you to seriously consider one, well maybe i'm just crazy!! Drive one and you will not be disappointed. They are simply sensational.
By the way, if you live in Melbourne you have to check out the motor show - they have a Mineral Gray done up with a body kit, 20" alloys and more. It looks awesome.
Best of luck with your decision.
Cheers,
Shane

·
Registered
235 Posts
Spock1 said:
After some tooing and froing I eventually got mine for $64500. Its amazing what you can achieve if you're persistant
Was this including sunroof? Or anything else? And where did you get this deal, out of interest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the Forum rolin7.

Here some quick answer for ur questions:
1. I dont think you can use the OEM Nav... yet, because there's no CD/DVD available yet for this particular NAV system (Sirius system?) in Australia. But I'm going to modified the OEM Nav (bought mine on eBay) so it will have Video-in. By doing this I can hook up aftermarket NAV or other video source.

2. I was thinking to get these set-up as well, however I believed the Coil-over is much better option compare to the bag systems in term of handling.

3. The leg room on the back seat is pretty big IMO..., but hey.. I'm only 5'6" tall.

4. On December, I tried negotiate from 2 dealers...., The drive away price for 5.7L with sunroof + metallic paint is around 68,700. One dealer wouldn't budge abit with the price but finally I got 67,000 drive away from another dealer.

5. I will be gettiing 22"..., but still cant decide which one though. I'm still thinking whether it's worth it to get forged wheel (alot more expensive but much lighter than cast wheels) or just buy cast wheels.

6. I dont think OZ will get AWD

7. Cant comment on these, but what I read in this forum our 300c gets the premium sounds which is pretty good according other members here.

8. I dunno

9. I think the quality pretty good from my reseach in this forum.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Domenic
Yes in did include sunroof and metallic paint. The dealer was Oakleigh Chrysler. There's definitely room to move on price if you find the right approach.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Signed the paperwork back in the middle of December and requested delivery by the end of January. A delay has caused an end of Feb delivery.:pat:

bezita said:
WOW that's very good price Spock1. Btw when did you buy yours?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Spock1 said:
Domenic
Yes in did include sunroof and metallic paint. The dealer was Oakleigh Chrysler. There's definitely room to move on price if you find the right approach.
I was going to deal with oakleigh but i got told by DC HO that they were going to be cut as a chrysler dealership soon, so i didnt bother.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
thatdbeme, welcome aboard.

I had heard a rumour about Oakleigh a while back myself. I wonder when they will drop off the dealer list?

·
Registered
235 Posts
The people there were fine, and the service dept when i took our jeep there was far better than i'd experienced previously at the 5star rated brighton dealership, but oakleigh aren't a 5star rated dealership themselves and that always made me wonder. I would've dealt with oakleigh but for the fact i'd heard this whisper, I reckoned that they would probably have trouble getting an allocation of even one srt8, and i wasn't prepared to take that risk.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Domenic said:
The people there were fine, and the service dept when i took our jeep there was far better than i'd experienced previously at the 5star rated brighton dealership, but oakleigh aren't a 5star rated dealership themselves and that always made me wonder. I would've dealt with oakleigh but for the fact i'd heard this whisper, I reckoned that they would probably have trouble getting an allocation of even one srt8, and i wasn't prepared to take that risk.
I tend to agree with you about the quality of the dealership. My experience was positive overall but that was more to do with the individual salesperson rather than the dealership as a whole.
The service department are excellent though.
I'll probably head to Brighton if Oakleigh do end up losing Chrysler.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts