Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 2012, 2013 owners
I'm getting ready to do my first oil & filter change, so I think it's time for a couple of passes at our local track.
What is the procedure, to do a decent burnout to get the tires warm?
Put computer in Track Mode, turn off traction control or do I just turn the traction control off regardless of mode?

Appreciate your impute.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Bob,

Take it from an old drag racer. Just a quick spin is plenty. Street tires do NOT want to be burned out on, it won't help the ET's.

Drive around the water box, back up short of the water, get a quick spin, and your ready to go!

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Totally agree with ^^^^ as you don't need to remove thousands of miles worth of rubber to heat them up. In fact, I tend to skip the water box all together just in case I don't clean out all the water before I get to the starting line.

I have a NOESP switch with totally defeats the traction control on my first gen. Not sure if your traction control button totally turns off the system in the second gen cars. Anyway...

Turn off traction control. Select first gear in autostick mode. You don't want it to shift and bog down during the burnout.

Power on slowly and progressively, stay with it. If it bogs down, don't hit the throttle hard to restart it as you can induce axle hub snapping torque shock. It will bog down if it shifts, hence the suggestion to stay in 1st gear. If you do bog down, get out of it, totally stop, then slowly get back on it, adding throttle to keep it spinning. Then spin it out of the box, increasing revs to spin off the water. You don't want water at the starting line which is why I don't back into the water box.

Just make sure you stage quickly and be ready to go.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree........ stay out of the water box altogether.

Bob, which track are you closest to? MIR in So MD and Cecil County are a couple of the best around......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm within walking distance to Capital Raceway. I have used this track for many years.

dp- do I need to change the drving mode? or just turn off Trac-control?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts