Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everyone. :wave: my boyfriend (bigbamboo) and myself enjoy this group and all the great people who hang out here. i also like to see other women like "mrs".needasrt4 jump in from time to time. i do not feel so all alone here now :silly:
the question we are looking to get some input on is this. has anyone here done a power brake burn out in their 300C/srt 8?? the concern is the esp. i understand it can not be totally turned off. stan (my b/f) has shown me how on his dakota r/t but has told me that we should not do it (power breaking silly boys) in the 300c due to the esp. any input?? anyone??
hope everyone has a great day :banana:

mz. bamboo (nicole)
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Why would you want to other than to 'impress' those not worthy of impressing?

I mean it is high stress on the car, a waste of tires, and totally unnecessary (unless at a track in a true race car on slicks).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I know it isnt good for the tires..but I had to do it at least once. I turned esp "off" and it worked just fine. Lotta smoke!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello jjs :wave:
i understand the showing off,etc. mentality and the stress to the car. we go to lots of car shows and usally they have burn out competitions and the like. once in awhile stan likes to show off a little. and i love to watch him have fun. it makes me happy to see him happy and after all the things he has done for me. it will be cheap pay back to buy him new tires :wink1: best wishes,nicole :newangel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
BIgBamBoo said:
hello jjs :wave:
i understand the showing off,etc. mentality and the stress to the car. we go to lots of car shows and usally they have burn out competitions and the like. once in awhile stan likes to show off a little. and i love to watch him have fun. it makes me happy to see him happy and after all the things he has done for me. it will be cheap pay back to buy him new tires :wink1: best wishes,nicole :newangel:[/QUOTE

"If it feels good,do it"....I love your attitude towards your significant other; 59 yrs old,going to get married ( again )soon,just makes me feel good. p.s....I'm a Stan also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
BIgBamBoo said:
hello to everyone. :wave: my boyfriend (bigbamboo) and myself enjoy this group and all the great people who hang out here. i also like to see other women like "mrs".needasrt4 jump in from time to time. i do not feel so all alone here now :silly:
the question we are looking to get some input on is this. has anyone here done a power brake burn out in their 300C/srt 8?? the concern is the esp. i understand it can not be totally turned off. stan (my b/f) has shown me how on his dakota r/t but has told me that we should not do it (power breaking silly boys) in the 300c due to the esp. any input?? anyone??
hope everyone has a great day :banana:

mz. bamboo (nicole)
Someone mentioned removing the brake assist and ESP fuses. That the car was just pure you, tires and throttle. Thanks for the smile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Fuse #17 in the trunk.. Watch out though, the CEL comes on if you pull it. And powerbraking is fine in it as long as you shut it off.. It will let you get away with a good amount with it off.

BTW - Recently engaged to my best friend of 3 years and it's cool to see other couples so into their cars together (Fiance has a 05 PT GT Convertible, 5sp and a blast to drive)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I just hit the ESP button and power brake away.. it also allows me to do the fun power slides around corners as well... makes for good fun and scaring the hell out of my roommate who does it to me everytime we get in his M3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
The Sko said:
I just hit the ESP button and power brake away.. it also allows me to do the fun power slides around corners as well... makes for good fun and scaring the hell out of my roommate who does it to me everytime we get in his M3.
Is the car easy to controll in a power slide.... I am use to driving rear wheel drive cars but nothing with this much torque... i was wondering how it is?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Hey Nicole, no need to feel alone... there's actually about 6 or 7 of us female-types that contribute here on a fairly regular basis. :wave:

Have fun smokin' the tires :burnout:
There are worse things you could be smokin' :smoker:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
What is the actual technique to a proper power brake burn out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hi again gang :wave: . wow. this is such a awsome bunch of people hanging out here. and hello to linda,like2race (stan you must be a great guy with that name :banana: ,hatax (hope got all that right) :wink1: congatulations hatax. i hope the two of you have a great life together. stan told me when we first met that we were each others soul mate and that we had been in love forever. it just took us awhile to find each other. i just wanted to thank everyone for the input. stan is going to look for the fuse tonight and maybe try a burn out. i will try and get a picture of it to post. this is off topic but does anyone have any info on the crossfire? good or bad? stan is saving up money to buy me one for my birtday in oct. we have drove two of them. a hard top and the srt6 model. wow! what a fun car! thanks again everyone. have a great day, nicole :newangel:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Disclaimer: Proceed at own risk

djjasond said:
What is the actual technique to a proper power brake burn out?
Here ya go Jason... :evil:

1. Turn off ESP
2. Put auto-stick in 1st gear
3. Apply brake then apply throttle simultaneously- just enough throttle to spin the tires, yet keep the car stationary
4. Decrease throttle enough to stop wheel spin
5. Release brake
6. Mash throttle
7. Smile :biggrin:
8. Repeat as needed
9. Examine rear tires :eek:uch:
10. Proceed directly to local tire center for replacements
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Disclaimer noted. Checked my subdivision CC&R's for "smokey burnout" and it appears to not be regulated. :newangel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
The car isn't bad to control through a slide, just watch how much you get into it at lower speeds or you will end up looking behind yourself in a hurry. :)

The weight of the car helps counter the torque while drifting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
AF300C:::

Excatly what HaTaX said it's a big heavy car and my tires will slide right under me if I don't pay attention.. Do it a few times in a open lot if you can to get the hang of it. I have been driving like a mad man for some years so it's quite normal to me. I always have the ESP off (via button NOT FUSE) and put it in gear not D usally 2.

I learned to drive in Washington on a dirt road so power slides were just the normal thing to do :evil:

It's a big car with plenty of power just don't get that front end pointed to much at the curb or you'll be jumping over it in no time and that won't be :smoker:

Enjoy and if you want some time and live in Socal I can show ya how it's done !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I have 22" Hankooks on My magnum and I did a smoke show last week. I didn't pull the fuse just power braked it. I regret it now though the tires threw off a ton of rubber and its stuck on the rear bumper. I still need to clean it off.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top