Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the window sticker for my car it says that part of the safety tech package includes power folding rear view mirrors. However my car doesn't have the power folding mirrors not even the button that is supposed to activate it.

Was this something Chrysler removed for some reason or they just plain forgott to build it on mine?

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,946 Posts
On the window sticker for my car it says that part of the safety tech package includes power folding rear view mirrors. However my car doesn't have the power folding mirrors not even the button that is supposed to activate it.

Was this something Chrysler removed for some reason or they just plain forgott to build it on mine?

:dunno:
on 1st gen cars theyre only fitted on export models

·
Registered
276 Posts
The good battle is being fought over at the lxforums with regards to the power folding mirror option and missing park sense in some 2012 300's here's the link...click

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
We've had this discussion on truck forums as well. The mirrors are powered (tilt, pan, etc) but the folding part is manual. It's confusing but that is how it works. The description I've seen on the window sticker and the websites is confusing as well.

Bottom line is the mirrors are power, folding them is a manual operation.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be that it's written in a confusing way, but the owners manual is not confusing at all it clearly states power folding mirrors and even shows how to operate it using the button between the left and right mirror selector.

At the end of the day I really don't care too much about the power folding mirrors as I would rarely use it, but if I paid for it I want it.

However it really hasn't detracted from my overall enjoyment of the car. :drive:

·
Administrator
13,060 Posts
I just noticed you have a 2012...I was in 1ST generation mode...sorry for the confusion!

If it's listed as equipment on your particular car (window sticker) then it should be on the car. I'd use it for trading or negotiating material for some free lube oil and filter (with synthetic of course) services with the dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just noticed you have a 2012...I was in 1ST generation mode...sorry for the confusion!

If it's listed as equipment on your particular car (window sticker) then it should be on the car. I'd use it for trading or negotiating material for some free lube oil and filter (with synthetic of course) services with the dealer.
Actually MADDOG your right it also applies to the 2012. I just spoke with a representative at the newly formed SRT hotline from Chrysler (they are very helpfull by the way, the number is 855-SRT-TEAM if anyone is interested) and they confirmed that the power folding mirrors is not an option for north America it's only for export to Europe and they admitted that the window sticker was confusing and a memo had been sent to correct it. The north American cars are not prewired for them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually MADDOG your right it also applies to the 2012. I just spoke with a representative at the newly formed SRT hotline from Chrysler (they are very helpfull by the way, the number is 855-SRT-TEAM if anyone is interested) and they confirmed that the power folding mirrors is not an option for north America it's only for export to Europe and they admitted that the window sticker was confusing and a memo had been sent to correct it. The north American cars are not prewired for them.
This suck as this was one of my favorite new features.

A.

·
Premium Member
7,946 Posts
wonder why we always get this option & you dont? Maybe because its a big car & our roads tend to be narrower

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see they got it sorted out, it was confusing a lot of people.

Sent from my iPad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts