Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 300c srt8. I installed a Procharger system in it last spring. Throughout the summer, it ran fine with no problems, then one day, I was pulling out of an intersection gently and as the car shifted from first into second on its own I kicked it down to take off and it shifted back into first, started spinning both wheels for about 10 feet and just lost all power. The motor remained running, but it was like I shifted into neutral but I didn't. I stopped and shifted into all gears but it wouldn't move. I put it in park, shut it off and then restarted it. The engine light came on but everything seemed to be normal again. When I got home, I plugged in the Diablo predator that came with the Procharger and trouble code PO700 appeared. I spoke to a dealer and he recommended that if it ran fine to reset the code and drive it gently for a few days to see if it happened again. When I did this the traction control switch was on. It never did this with the traction control switch off until yesterday. With the traction control off (dash light on) it did it for the first time. I think it may be the input or output speed sensor, but I'm not sure. I spoke with Procharger and they never heard of this problem. I didn't procharge it so I couldn't mash the gas. Has anyone else heard of this, know what it is or know a way to remedy this problem? I would appreciate any info.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
when u lost all power, u experienced Limp Mode

i also had that P0700 code come up about a month ago before and it didnt reset although i pulled fuse 11 like 10 times...so it reset finally with the Predator and i havent seen the code again(knocks on wood)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i appreciate the reply this drives me crazy to the point of wanting to sell this thing and get a new camaro u would thimk that by now car companies would have all these glithes worked out ill bet european cars dont have near as many problems

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
yes we do,lol,VW,Audi,etc suffer from MAF/MAP sensors going down,feels like the turbo's packed in.Peugeots suffer from....I could go on all night and day,lol.Yet my 05 "C" has had no problems with the motor since new

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
?

When you're driving a modded up car you need to tune it properly.

Most times when things go 'limp' it's from the rev limiter being set too close to the shift point. In first gear the revs rise so fast the car must anticipate the shift or it will hit the limiter.

Might want to take that car to someone who knows what's going on. It probably won't be at a dealer.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Might want to take that car to someone who knows what's going on. It probably won't be at a dealer.
Now there is a true statement. Your problem sounds very similar to what I had for a little while. I raised the limiter with the Predator and have never had the problem again. Try raising the limiter 300-400 and see if it solves the issue.

If not, then as Steve mentioned, may be time to get it tuned again. :worried:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ricksuzz, this has happened twice to my 2006 300C AWD. The thing is, my car is bone stock, no mods at all. 2 weeks after I bought it the same thing happened to me; I was just getting on the freeway and lightly punched it only to have the car go into limp mode. I never shut it off but pulled over and suddenly it came back as if normal, but the engine light came on. I have a scanner and got a PO700 (trans control system malf). I made an appointment with the dealer (under warranty), but it was going to be a week later. The car seemed to be fine, despite the consistent engine light. The very next day, she went into limp mode again for a few seconds, but went back to normal almost immediately. Now I'm thinking it's going to do it daily and was afraid to drive it. I took a chance and drove it on day 3, but noticed when I started the car, the engine light was gone and she acted fine up to the day I took it in for service. I was told the valve body needed replacing in the trans and that the part had to come from Germany. They gave me a loner car for a week and I finally got her back and everything was fine. I noticed on the ticket, however, the mech had stated he recieved a PO730 code (something about gear ratio off or something). Almost a year later, with no problems whatsoever with the car, I took her in for her 30K maintenance. The very next evening I took my GF to dinner, jumped on the motorway and boom, limp mode. The scanner told me PO700. WTH? But I noticed there were 3 other codes stored in the scanner; 2 for PO700 and 2 for PO730. I'm thinking, why did this happened the day after a scheduled maintenance? I decided I was going to clear the codes from my scanner, which I understand will also reset the car's computer. Sadly, it was dark and I didn't know the key was on ACC and not ON, therefore I couldn't clear the codes. I took it back to dealer and the guy said nothing was wrong with the car and all he had to do was reset the computer. Great. Sadly, two days later she went into limp mode again and I got a PO730. The thing is, the four stored codes were still present. The mech didn't do crap. But in the light of day I realized the last time I attempted to erase/reset I was doing it in ACC not On. This time I was able to erase all of the codes and the scanner verified the computer was reset as well. When I attempted to scan aftewards, there were no codes and the engine light was gone. I called the dealer and hollered at the service manager because his mech didn't do crap. That was two weeks ago and my car has been running great. I'm of the opinion that when anything is done to the car's computer, whether it's maintenace or whatever, if the mech doesn't reset the computer the car thinks something might be wrong when nothing really is and defaults to the latest codes and goes into limp mode. If you're able to reset/erase the old codes on your own you're good to go. I'm no expert, but my cars been running fine the past two weeks AFTER scheduled maintenance. The only thing wrong appears to be the mech neglected to reset the computer. I'm betting your car if fine, too. But then again, you've had mods done. Still, if you can erase the codes and reset the computer and the engine is gone with no other warnings are problems such as the ESP, then I think you're okay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats up fellow 300ers? Thanks for the input. I have been diggin around and talkin to different people over the last few days and today i spoke to this guy from high horse performance. It is a tuning and engine building shop out near philly pa. I spoke to a few different places and no one seemed to know near as much as they did. The guys name is Josh. He had an educated answer for everything i threw at him and i asked alot. He also said to adjust the rev limiter and have a dealer flash upgrade the TCM. From what i understand in 07 they improved some things and he recommended to have it done. He said the limiter is mostly to blame but both things should be done. I'm going to have both things done and then go out and try hard to make it happen again. I'll let everyone know what else breaks in the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whats up fellow 300ers? Thanks for the input. I have been diggin around and talkin to different people over the last few days and today i spoke to this guy from high horse performance. It is a tuning and engine building shop out near philly pa. I spoke to a few different places and no one seemed to know near as much as they did. The guys name is Josh. He had an educated answer for everything i threw at him and i asked alot. He also said to adjust the rev limiter and have a dealer flash upgrade the TCM. From what i understand in 07 they improved some things and he recommended to have it done. He said the limiter is mostly to blame but both things should be done. I'm going to have both things done and then go out and try hard to make it happen again. I'll let everyone know what else breaks in the process.
Did this ever work for you.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts