Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions for the best way to power all of the following. Ideally, I want to hard wire everything, not utilizing the cigarette outlets. Also, if possible connected in a way that is tied to the car's ignitiion or acc so that there is no power when the car is completely off.

I need to power the following:

2 - headrest LCDs
1 - DVD player (located in center console)
1 - TVandNav2go unit
1 - rearview camera (not installed yet)

I have tried to connect all of the above to the center console AC outlet, but has proven to not be very stable with power (possibly not enough juice). I have read some things about wiring directly to batter, tapping into an existing fuse or adding a new fuse, but couldnt find much info around each.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I am looking for suggestions for the best way to power all of the following. Ideally, I want to hard wire everything, not utilizing the cigarette outlets. Also, if possible connected in a way that is tied to the car's ignitiion or acc so that there is no power when the car is completely off.

I need to power the following:

2 - headrest LCDs
1 - DVD player (located in center console)
1 - TVandNav2go unit
1 - rearview camera (not installed yet)

I have tried to connect all of the above to the center console AC outlet, but has proven to not be very stable with power (possibly not enough juice). I have read some things about wiring directly to batter, tapping into an existing fuse or adding a new fuse, but couldnt find much info around each.

Thanks
how about using an ignition source wired to a relay? The relay would
connect a circuit which is wired directly to the battery.

you could then use fuse 35 to the relay. That way you would have
the units powered when the key is switched, and you wouldn't need
a manual switch in your circuit.

be sure to fuse your new battery lead.

Simple goole search to clarify what I'm saying:

Relay Wiring
Wiring a Relay for Accessories

I've done this in many of my previous installs when I had a lot
of accessories to run.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
All of the above was assuming you had 12 volt accessories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts